Dorso (Chile)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Knell

Dorso (Chile)

Post by The Knell »

Last year I got the "Guerra De Criaturas" demo from 1987 and I was surprised what (relatively) well produced, original record it was. Best comparison I can imagine is some kind of South American-style Drakar-"Dragon Metal" i.e. crude, epic Speed/Thrash about mythical beasts and other big things - unfortunaly 4 tracks only, a bit too short.

Recently I got a tape with live recordings from 87 - tracks from the studio demo included, but also some unheard of stuff, really awesome proggy instrumentals and softer sounding heavy metal songs which are probably from the first days. Then there are also rehearsal tracks from 1988 included, which is chaotic noise rock about lovecraftian themes - a totally different band. It's quite bizarre.

metal archives say they did like everything from soft rock to brutal death/grind during their 30 years of being.

All got me really interested in the band. How is the later stuff, the '89 tape LP for instance? I can't imagine a whole album of that '88 lovecraftian chaos rock, surely must be one of those softer rock recordings?

It's a shame they didn't do any of their great mid-80ies stuff on LP.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

I have the album from 89 on original CD and all I can say is that its my fave album ever fom Chile. Amazing Metal! Like you said, quite similar to Drakar.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

What kind of metal did they do on the '89 album?
we're eat babies flesh
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Which label is the 1989 CD?
I never found any proof of a CD version of it....I thought it was just re-released on Tape only

I would be interested in finding one copy for my collection....but, yes, it seems they had a strange career same as Massakre...their 1989 CD is totally different in soudn compared to the previous harsh trash-death sound....a sort of space rock-experimental noise-metal that is quite boring
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

I'm at work right now so I don't have the CD in front of me but it could be BMG. I'm not very knowlegeable in the matter of pressings but it's a real CD, not a CDR and I think the pressing is from 1993.
The music is really great technical and variated Thrash/Speed/Death/Heavy or something. If I had to compare to a band it would be Drakar (first album).
Very recommended!

By the way, another Latino Metal CD I have that I never seen before is the first V8 CD. A pressing from 1993. It looks damn obscure. Has anyone ever seen another copy of it? I haven't.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Anyone heard the later albums, like Romance and such with those really shitty covers? Ill definately go check the '89 album but I'm afraid to think that the other ones surely must be pretty awful...?
we're eat babies flesh
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

I didn't listened to demo but have Baho, Romance, Monsters albums on cds and can say all positive to that albums, specially first and second one. Just because they have so many different metal styles. i just love them. here you can find this on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRkJBpPAB2Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viqgsfxHORA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAQsYwWTC4E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-PRcMQJKyE
etc...

:wink: