Now Playing Thread (2013)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Sadistik Exekution: We Are Death..Fukk You LP

Still psychotic as fuck
Long Live The Loud !!!
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Shimrod wrote:Image
Need to listen to this again. Found Warrel too shrill on this album compared to Into the Mirror Black, but I'm sure I'll like it more next time.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

METAL MESSIAH (Lit) - Hell's Wrath

METAL MESSIAH (Lit) - Shake Hands With The Reaper

Local youngsters from Lithuania just unleashed 2 new songs and I enjoy these a lot. They just need to change the name of the band.Other than that - Music is Killer!@! Reminds WHIPLASH ...
Ryür

Post by Ryür »

Elikat - Caught in love
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

MACABRE - Grim Reality
JAG PANZER - Tyrants
Metal Knight

Post by Metal Knight »

LP MISTREATED 'Première Intervention'
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Need to listen to this again. Found Warrel too shrill on this album compared to Into the Mirror Black, but I'm sure I'll like it more next time.
I think Into the Mirror Black is stronger too but the other one is a solid album once accustomed to Warrel's shrieking.

Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Shimrod wrote:I think Into the Mirror Black is stronger too but the other one is a solid album once accustomed to Warrel's shrieking.
I was surprised how well the Jefferson Airplane cover worked.

NP:

"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

ImageImage
Without evil there could be no good so it must be good to be evil sometimes.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Shimrod wrote:
Ernest Thesiger wrote:
I think Into the Mirror Black is stronger too but the other one is a solid album once accustomed to Warrel's shrieking.
I disagree. "Refuge Denied" is the quintessential Sanctuary record where the band had an edge and it's own identity. "Into The Mirror Black" seems to just be the band going through the paces and doesn't really have anything outstanding from any other US Power/Thrash record in 1989. The riffs aren’t as sharp and the vocals are scaled down. Plus, I’m not at all a nevermore fan and “Into The Mirror Black” definitely shows where the band was headed in the future.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

"Refuge Denied" is one of the best albums ever made imo. The shrieks are unbelievable; piercing through flesh and bone. "Die for my Sins" belongs in the top 10 US metal songs.

I never could get into the second album; sold it twice and I gave up trying to like it.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

I prefer the second one any day but it's a matter of taste I think.
MechaBarbarian

Post by MechaBarbarian »

Hah, I couldn't dissagree more! No matter how much I love the 'Into The Mirror Black' ( and I love it fiercely) I haven't been able to get much out of Refuge Denied, except a few good songs. Just Future Tense is superior to the whole of Refuge Denied in my opinion, and then there are songs like 'the mirror black' and 'communion'! I think it's one of the best early progressive/power records, and one of the best Heavy Metal records all over! It's like mid-80's Metallica meets mid-80's Fates Warning only it trancends likeness and comes into it's own! Refuge Denied is certainly good, but the second one has inspired me artistically on more than one occasion! More mature, honest IMO

But each to his own of course! :oops:

and to get this thread back on track
Last edited by MechaBarbarian on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.