Centurias

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Sentinel

Centurias

Post#1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:24 pm

It's official. This is the best band from South America. "Ultima Noite" and "Ninja" are flawless. Oh, and the Harrpia MLP of course from Harrpia, same style: Flawless heavy f#cking METAL!! I remember it took quite some time before I was able to hear the magnificence of these albums. I sold everything from South America except these 3 flawless records. (and the SP samplers and Viper and Excalibur) I can live without the rest :P
Long Live The Loud !!!

doomedplanet

Re: Centurias

Post#2 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Good albums but sounds like you got rid of some stuff even better...
"The type of people who buy their albums won't be offended. They like boobs and bare bottoms" - Joanne Latham.

The Sentinel

Post#3 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:29 pm

I still have Luzbel but that's "Middle America". And I still need to hear V8 debut; never heard it :x
Long Live The Loud !!!

Parcas Sangrientas

Post#4 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:48 pm

I assure you that you are missing a gem!
Great work of Osvaldo Civile(Rip) in guitars.

daniel

Post#5 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Nah, Kraken is the best. Rata Blanca's early stuff is good too. Not much into SA metal in general, and V8 sucks.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.

Parcas Sangrientas

Post#6 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Kraken The Best?I assume you re talking about the band from Colombia :lol:
V8 sucks?
Go to youtube and listen V8 "Si puedes vencer el temor"and learn.

chatzial

Post#7 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:55 pm

My favorite is Resistencia.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail

Ernest Thesiger

Post#8 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:16 am

chatzial wrote:My favorite is Resistencia.
They were certainly Up There.
"I just yell at people"
- Tim Baker

Ryür

Post#9 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:58 am

I very like "Averger" from the S.P. Metal 1 , Salario Minimo, Overdose , Kamikaze, brasil have awesome bands, but all sudamerica, Arkangel!

daniel

Post#10 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:10 am

Yes, V8 still sucks.

A lot of these bands are more of the halfway between rock and metal variety with utterly mundane riffs, and yes the Colombian Kraken; the opening to "Escudo Y Espada" is pure magick and "none" of the other bands come close to that ;)
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.

great_knuthulhu

Post#11 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:04 am

I've only heard Ninja, but that is a really good album. Good melodies, pretty original playing (relatively speaking). "The best" from South America though? Really?
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.

CloudsOfMetal

Post#12 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 am

After all this hyping of Centurias I've gotta listen to it with thought and while sober. Harppia is pretty nice and got me hooked on the first listen.
only the heaviest weather available

The Sentinel

Post#13 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:50 am

Kraken's debut is ok. I think "Fugitivo" is a great song but nothing special, rest of Kraken discography is crap imo.

For me the first 3 tracks from Centurias "Ultima Noite" are some of the best tunes ever produced. Not many bands can reach that level of brilliance, no Kraken, no Alvacest, no Alta Tensao, no Azul Limao, no Resistencia... :wink:
Long Live The Loud !!!

anthares

Post#14 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:58 pm

I prefer Ninja over Ultima Noite.

And what comes to Kraken its surely one of the best bands out from South America.

krokus

Post#15 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:13 pm

Have those CENTURIAS and HARPPIA on vinyls but didnt play them for a lot of time. Now its time to do so. Thanksssssss.