Important Records you've yet to hear?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I've yet to read an important topic here that doesn't end up in a rant about something else entirely.
The Sentinel wrote:Yeah, it took me quite a while to finally listen to Sabbath "Martin" albums; Tyr is a masterpiece.
It'll also take a while to find those albums as they're the only Sabbath albums not getting regular reprints. As a matter of fact I only own the vinyl versions of some of the TM albums.

I can't think of any 'imporant' albums I haven't at least heard once. Maybe someone needs to tell me what the important albums are.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The way I personally interpret the word 'important' in this thread is an album that is quite influential, something that created a whole new genre and inspired hundreds of bands to start playing. Not something that everybody should necessarily like though.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I tried looking up influential and important albums on the web and the only ones I didn't listen to where the post 1990 stuff and some black or death metal I don't really care about. I guess I covered the basics. :D

I don't think I've heard Grave Digger - War Games(as mentioned by Herkus Monte) though, but I don't consider them that influential.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:The way I personally interpret the word 'important' in this thread is an album that is quite influential, something that created a whole new genre and inspired hundreds of bands to start playing. Not something that everybody should necessarily like though.
Indeed. This was part of the point I was making on the first page of this thread.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
mordred

Post by mordred »

For me: Seven Churches also. Bathory debut. Several Motörhead records. Never listened through an album by Led Zeppelin or Thin Lizzy or AC/DC. Never heard most Deep Purple records. Thankfully I have avoided a couple of Kiss albums, I wish I had avoided all of them.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

mordred wrote:Thankfully I have avoided a couple of Kiss albums, I wish I had avoided all of them.
Does this mean you've heard all of Kiss' albums but two?
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

mordred wrote:Bathory debut.
I'd think it's illegal in Sweden to pass this album, someone call the cops!
The Devil is within us all...
mordred

Post by mordred »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
mordred wrote:Thankfully I have avoided a couple of Kiss albums, I wish I had avoided all of them.
Does this mean you've heard all of Kiss' albums but two?
bunch of
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Got to add:
80s Scorpions (never heard a complete album either)
Beherit(over hype band? or im really missing something)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote: 80s Scorpions (never heard a complete album either)
That's a shame, it's not seminal stuff like the 70s albums but, still, and despite their more commercial edge, there are so many amazing songs in those albums.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

BOLT THROWER , DISMEMBER , UNLEASHED (Lots of Sverige DM back in a day.I hated that "special" guitar sound) ASPHYX.
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

Ha, quite a few Priest records, Motorhead, Ac/Dc, Maiden post Fear of the Dark, some King Diamond records. And I can't imagine why that would be except that what I already have in my collection is more than enough for me to listen to!