Metal made by black musicians

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Spinal

Re: Metal made by black musicians

Post by Spinal »

In case they haven't been mentioned already, the progressive death metal band TIMEGHOUL (Missouri) had a black guy in the ranks iirc.
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Oh yeah, they were founded in the early 1990s, but have a history going back to the 1980s under a different name...
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Spinal wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:41 pm Oh yeah, they were founded in the early 1990s, but have a history going back to the 1980s under a different name...
Well, when I bumped the thread I mentioned I wasn't interested in being as strict as the original poster as in the time period, only that they'd fit the profile of this website and but I didn't think it was worth to start a brand new thread.
I had never noticed that there was a black guy on Timeghoul.
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

If I'm not mistaken, his name is Tony / Antonio Holman and he was the drummer of the band. If that's the right guy, then he's still active in another Missouri-based band called DRAG THE DEAD.

TIMEGHOUL were quite good, even if some of the songs tend to meander from time to time.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

If we go by the pictures on MA, you seem to be right. I'm gonna use this as an excuse to give Timeghoul another chance. I couldn't get into them back when there was some hype about the release of the anthology back in the day.
borrel

Post by borrel »

Vandale from the Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1btXfpx_jE