Japanese metal recommendations

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
sabbat666

Post by sabbat666 »

Haha no. Poikkeus. A Japanese HC punk band that sings in Finnish.
The shirt is from the jacket of their first EP.

Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

sabbat666 wrote:Poikkeus. A Japanese HC punk band that sings in Finnish.
In Finnish? Excellent. Since there's been a Japanese band with Spanish lyrics (Corrupted) & Finns shouting in Portuguese (Força Macabra), that can only be a natural progression.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

sabbat666 wrote:Haha no. Poikkeus. A Japanese HC punk band that sings in Finnish.
Lol, most fans of j-rock from vk-fangirls to x japan-maniacs know that band in Finland and probably listen to it just because it's kinda funny that there's a band in Japan that writes lyrics in finnish. :lol:

Although I doubt they understand HC punk music. :?

If my memory serves me, there's more than one J-punk band singing in Finnish or am i wrong?
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
sabbat666

Post by sabbat666 »

Oh really? ive never met a fangirl who knows who poikkeus are. usually they are just straight up punk fans.
the truth is they are actually fucking awesome raging hardcore punk. i dont really mind what language they sing in since for the style of punk they are you wouldnt be able to tell anyways. :lol:

there are a few other punk bands that sing in Finnish in Japan, yeah.
I'm pretty sure Framtid did.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

And Laukaus. I don't like 'em too much though.
Btw, Poikkeus means Exception.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Popa_Iuda

Post by Popa_Iuda »

Sniper - very nice traditional heavy metal with 2-3 speedy songs on their 2 albums...
Breeze Least - their ST is a fantastic epic metal album
Kings
Hellen
Rajas
Mell Rose - melodic heavy metal
Belzebul - very obscure band released just one single, speedy heavy metal songs, enjoyable..
Reaction - classics
Sabbrabells - classic heavy/power metal
Mein Kampf - another obscure one released a single named Speeder in 1985
anthares

Post by anthares »

sabbat666 wrote:Haha no. Poikkeus. A Japanese HC punk band that sings in Finnish.

Ahh! Nice Riistetyt ripoff cover!
Actually there was another Japanese punk band CONCLUDE which also sung in finnish. They also toured Finland about 8 years ago.
jman

Post by jman »

Framtid didn't sing in any language but English, but their name is Swedish for "future" (it comes from Sound of Disaster song).
For Japanese Metal I enjoy the punk metal bastard sounds of bands like GISM, SDS, MOBS, and G.A.T.E.S. Unfortunately most traditional Japanese metal sounds like tepid imitations of US metal for me.
Also
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

jman wrote:Unfortunately most traditional Japanese metal sounds like tepid imitations of US metal for me.
Huh, I've heard much more NWOBHM and JUDAS PRIEST -influenced Japametal.
Then again there were bunch of melodic/sleazy and glammed up bands.