Japanese metal recommendations

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

Everyone is complaining about Hellen, but I enjoyed their fantasylike Metal a lot! I find Cry Max and Ex Danger way too overrated, while noone cares about mighty Genocide!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Today, I've found a user on slsk who has almost everything you can dream of about Japanese 80's metal. 8) So just tell what you want me to upload in the Poisonoise section and I'll grab it from that guy !
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

That's great :D I still searching for Sabbrabell's debut, Bellzlleb full length, Stingray, almost everything haha..

I'll upload Paranoia this weekend.
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

omen of hate wrote:Today, I've found a user on slsk who has almost everything you can dream of about Japanese 80's metal. 8) So just tell what you want me to upload in the Poisonoise section and I'll grab it from that guy !
Check out my wantlist on the site. I'm DESPERATE for those early JPN-Metal singles!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

No pb, I'll check it !
scoots

Post by scoots »

my favorites:
casbah - russian roullette 7"
zadkiel - hell's bomber 7"
jurassic jade - a cradle song 7"
united - first 2 7"s

and of course the more metal-influenced punk of the 80s/90s: g-zet, crow, gastunk, etc

wasn't too into the sabbrabells stuff i heard. honestly can't remember if i have heard crowley or not.
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

Mein Kampf
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

anyone listened to GILT FACE?
I saw once sold as thrash, but it seems it is glam or?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

®O©O wrote:anyone listened to GILT FACE?
I saw once sold as thrash, but it seems it is glam or?
Never heard of, but it's a fact (and a funny one) that most Japanese bands were more extravagant when it came to hairstyles and clothing, Thash included.
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

yeah, talking about styles, can't be sure just seeing picture...
here G.F. :?

and , yes, I don't listen to that Animetal band, but I saw band called METALFOLK and "all" guys from Gargoyle play here so I'm quite courious,
if someone did?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Looks like a typical JPN Thrash act to me :lol:
sabbat666

Post by sabbat666 »

you guys MUST check out the band Q.O.P. (Quest Object Project).

they only released an album lenth demotape called "Its Danger" which i'm sure would be right up you NWOBHM fans alley. totally killer oldschool metal with blazing solos and great melody.

shoot me an email or find me on soulseek under the same username and i'll hook you up!

Another incredible band is SNIPER. Open the Attack! is my 2nd favorite record out of Japan, though recently ive been spinning the 2nd LP Quick and Dead alot. Sniper for me defined NWOJHM (if that term exists?lol). i'm hooked on their songs Phantom of the Night, Dream Lady, Never Change, Over The Sky, and Let It Shine on Me.
Recently i made mp3s from both their albums and 7" from unplayed copies. meaning i managed to find the albums still sealed and made mp3s the first time i played em! so if anyone wants great rips of their stuff feel free to ask! i made em to share.

about the band that were mentioned.
I never could get into Ex Danger. i got the LP and heard the comp tracks but something was just missing. I'd much prefer spinning the Hellen Talon of King record. Speaking of Hellen, their latest 7" effort is fucking amazing! easily my favorite record from 2005.

Crowley. i dunno why but i just love them. everything they have done. especially the demotape and VA tracks from Electric Ladyland 84 LP.
i just feel the riff were really heavy/dark and the lyrical content was excellent. favorite song as far as lyrics go have to be Midnight Dream and Lady in a Black Cape.

Prowler totally ruled! so fast and killer. their 2nd EP kinda reminds me of Jaguar. another record you might check out if you like Prowler is Derlanger - Girl 7" EP.
stay away from anything they released after the Girl EP though. all their albums became shitty goth rock. sigh...
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Have you some infos about a band called MURBAS ? I've a demo "Driving Wild" (or it is an EP ?), but it's quite difficult to find some infos about them.
Thanx !
sabbat666

Post by sabbat666 »

that Murbas item you have is a the 2nd demotape.
The bass player, Heesy, went on to be in the pop band The Yellow Monkey.

heres some pics of their releases:

Hard'n Drivin demotape
Drivin' Wild demotape I've Got The Fire 7" flexiAll Night Metal Party 84/85 livetape

they were also on some VA records and had at least 2 videos out. one was for All Night Metal Party 84~85 (every band involved with ANMP 84~85 got a livetape and a video released, and were on the VA LP. All Night Metal Party was something they did each year in the early 80's on new years eve. playing metal into the new year)
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Thanks !