HOLY TERROR

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Holy Terror are one of my fav. thrash bands. And for long years one of the most intriguing. I remember I bought Mind Wars back in 1990 it took me quite some time to really appreciate it. Terror was more straight but still not that much straight.
The Sentinel wrote:Keith Deen is indeed one of the best singers of this globe, totally underrated. I found this in the guestbook section of a fan site:

Keith Deen is currently living on the streets of Hollywood, mostly in the Universal Studios/Hollywood-Highland area. He goes by the name Chief. Years of drug and alcohol abuse have taken their toll. Even when sober, Keith is prone to babbling incoherently. He can often be found at a church brekafast for the homeless on the second and fourth Sundays of the month (the church is at the corner of Hollywood and Gardner). Keith has aged badly, but he is still alive.

Pretty sad. Putrid crap like Within Temptation is conquering the world and real talent is always going to waste :evil:
Of course, there were nobody to pull him out. Bad news after bad news. Not only R'n'R, much more things suck ass around here.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Deathrow – Raging Steel now there’s an underappreciated thrash album that rules without end. Anyway I don’t want to change the topic too much Holy Terror are pretty good just not as monumental as you guys are describing them.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
mordred

Post by mordred »

I had Terror and Submission a few years ago, but I honestly thought it was some of the most boring, useless light-thrash I ever heard.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

I really like the 1st record most. Memorable and kick arse songs like Evil's Rising, Guardians of the Netherworld and Black Plague. Terror and Submission is an awesome US Metal record that can be brought cheap! Underrated band. I never really classified them as a thrash band. Sad to hear of the vocalists current situation.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Nicko McBuff wrote:I never really classified them as a thrash band.
they're everything: heavy/thrash/melodic/speed metal I would say
Long Live The Loud !!!
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

mordred wrote:I had Terror and Submission a few years ago, but I honestly thought it was some of the most boring, useless light-thrash I ever heard.
I can't believe that. Give the album another try, maybe you just had a bad day back than :wink:

About the comparsions of MIDAS TOUCH or DEATHROW, I dont like both bands and dont see anything they have in common. HOLY TERROR is more like a heavier & faster version of SAVAGE GRACE.
Only melodic US thrash band (if thats what we call them) that is equally good is HEATHEN.
We praise the blood that metal brings
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

OmenOfSteel wrote:About the comparsions of MIDAS TOUCH or DEATHROW, I dont like both bands and dont see anything they have in common.
Neither of these bands have anything in common with HT, but both are verrry original like HT and should be considered in the same league, along with bands such as Voivod, DBC, Blessed Death and so on...

Everything about HOLY TERROR's music I would classify as total thrash!!!!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Korgüll wrote:
OmenOfSteel wrote:About the comparsions of MIDAS TOUCH or DEATHROW, I dont like both bands and dont see anything they have in common.
Neither of these bands have anything in common with HT, but both are verrry original like HT and should be considered in the same league, along with bands such as Voivod, DBC, Blessed Death and so on...

Everything about HOLY TERROR's music I would classify as total thrash!!!!!
Athough i have a MIDAS TOUCH LP, i don't remember how it sounded like. However, one thing is sure: first two DEATHROW albums are terrific. Top stuff indeed.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Korgüll wrote:Everything about HOLY TERROR's music I would classify as total thrash!!!!!
Yeah me too.
"On your knees
anthares

Post by anthares »

Amazing band! Two perfect albums!! Sad news about Keith Deen.
Their logo is pain in the ass for patchmakers and shit.
Anyone heard their live shit? Fuck they rule!! Keith could be a stand up comedian as well!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

anthares wrote:Amazing band! Two perfect albums!! Sad news about Keith Deen.
Their logo is pain in the ass for patchmakers and shit.
Anyone heard their live shit? Fuck they rule!! Keith could be a stand up comedian as well!
There's a (bootleg ?) double CD (released in 2006) called "El Revengo", the 2nd CD contains some live material but I've nere heard it.
I have several live-tapes, but the sound quality is sadly not that great.

I remember I've seen them live in the late 80's in Belgium, it's still a strong memory.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

omen of hate wrote: I remember I've seen them live in the late 80's in Belgium, it's still a strong memory.
AAH, I wish I could say that also, never saw them live :cry:
Long Live The Loud !!!
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Listened to Terror And Submission again last night better than I remembered. Have you guys noticed a few songs on the album flow in very strange ways especially to the vocal lines?
"On your knees
humus

Post by humus »

sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Incredibly good band, it's sad to hear those news about Keith!

Terror and Submissino JAP. CD is going for at least $100 on ebay now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HOLY-TERROR-Terror- ... dZViewItem

And just if I think about that I saw it for 14 EUR last year at Keep it True, but I just ignored it, 'cause I already owned that ultra shitty 2-1 rerelease :(

OmenOfSteel: Maybe would Powerlord also fit in, besides Holy Terror and Heathen?