HOLY TERROR

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

sovdat wrote:Terror and Submissino JAP. CD is going for at least $100 on ebay now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HOLY-TERROR-Terror- ... dZViewItem
...& the person selling it is a total scammer as well!

Also appears as 'randomcoils' when they outbid everyone!
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

sovdat wrote: OmenOfSteel: Maybe would Powerlord also fit in, besides Holy Terror and Heathen?
Hmm, I always considered POWERLORD Power Metal stylewise, but they are equally great and over the top, so yes lets throw them in :)

About the Japan-CD, has anyone heard it and is the sound really so much better?
We praise the blood that metal brings
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

sovdat wrote: Terror and Submissino JAP. CD is going for at least $100 on ebay now:
The regular LP goes for $10, so I can't understand why someone would like to have that cd for $100
Long Live The Loud !!!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

The Sentinel wrote:
sovdat wrote: Terror and Submissino JAP. CD is going for at least $100 on ebay now:
The regular LP goes for $10, so I can't understand why someone would like to have that cd for $100
For the same reason why people are still paying hundreds of dollars to get, for example People in Hell original 12'', which is available for few dollars with lots of bonus tracks :)
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

sovdat wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:
For the same reason why people are still paying hundreds of dollars to get, for example People in Hell original 12'', which is available for few dollars with lots of bonus tracks :)
Not only. It's said that the Japan CD has a far superior sound.
We praise the blood that metal brings
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

OmenOfSteel wrote:
sovdat wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:
Not only. It's said that the Japan CD has a far superior sound.
maybe it's just a hype - artificially constructed, of course.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

to continue from upper post, my friend Mota has scored above mentioned item. I have already instructed him to check and compare the recordings. He said, he will join us soon, thanks to the constant hype regarding this site of yours trully. He'd be welcome addition to the rooster of Metal Maniacs already joined to The Corroseum.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

He has arrived, but no posts from him yet :)

Jap. Mind Wars, only 1/4 of Terror and Submission price!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

@sovdat

yup! I recognized him. Added an "h" to the nick :!: :wink: . Probably he lacks time a little more than I do.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Huh, didn't even recognize that he was the person who won the 100 dollar Terror and Submission :)
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Mind Wars. Bloody hell - MIND WARS. What an album. Side B, especially "No Resurrection", makes my heart fly out of my chest. Saddened me to read about Keith Deen's current circumstances.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I think I can confirm now. Our still-non-posting-member motah has said to me that the sound on japs edition of Terror and Submission is really much, much better than on common version. Said it must have gone through a long treatment. Will try to persuade him to make me a copy.
otakon

Post by otakon »

This old collector guy i knew back then said that certain Jap pressed CDs have their own mastering... dont know enough to confirm it though

the mastering on the Blackend reissue of Terror And Submission is also alot better than the original.
tearitup1234

Post by tearitup1234 »

Holy Terror are one of the best and most underrated bands of all time. I was blown away the fiRst time I heard Tomorrow's End on the Speed Kills Vol 3 compilation Lp. I soon bought Terror and Submisson on cassette and thought it was amazing stuff and later bought Mind Wars on cassette which is incredible as well. I just got the Terror and Submission/Mind Wars Blackend reissue on cd a couple days ago.
Last edited by tearitup1234 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morbid Tapes

Post by Morbid Tapes »

Appreciation bump!

Both Holy Terror LPs are masterpieces. Such a unique sounding band! I used to be loyal to "Mind Wars", but I gotta say the 1st album grew on me with time and is now just as perfect to my ears.