Obscure compilations

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
siax

Post by siax »

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

roihlem wrote:"Ready To Fire" LP contains the three best Austrian Metal tracks by Blowin Free. Really outstanding!
I knew this compilation had been mentioned here some time before. I just played it for the first time and roihlem is dead-on: those BLOWIN FREE tracks are fantastic! Epic Metal that Destroys anything else the band ever did - highly recommended!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

DaN wrote:
roihlem wrote:"Ready To Fire" LP contains the three best Austrian Metal tracks by Blowin Free. Really outstanding!
I knew this compilation had been mentioned here some time before. I just played it for the first time and roihlem is dead-on: those BLOWIN FREE tracks are fantastic! Epic Metal that Destroys anything else the band ever did - highly recommended!
who released this? i bet is hard to find huh?
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

Tonau released it! Rare, but don`t think it will be too expensive. "Take It All" is a hymn! Reminds me somehow of Medieval Steel....
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

roihlem wrote:Tonau released it! Rare, but don`t think it will be too expensive. "Take It All" is a hymn! Reminds me somehow of Medieval Steel....
Yup, and the other two tracks sound like a Teutonic MANILLA ROAD!

@MEX: I paid €30 for it. Felt like it was cheap considering it's rarity, but I'm not sure exactly how rare it is. Got the follow-up "Ready To Rock" for the same price but it didn't have anything nearly as outstanding as BF on it.

I also had a listen to the Japanese "Go To Eat (Metal Dom)" comp which I'd borrowed from a friend. It's an uneven affair, but the BELLADONNA-track is awesome. Very original Metal I want to hear more of, but I've found zero info on this band so far. Hilfe!
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

DaN wrote:
roihlem wrote:Tonau released it! Rare, but don`t think it will be too expensive. "Take It All" is a hymn! Reminds me somehow of Medieval Steel....
Yup, and the other two tracks sound like a Teutonic MANILLA ROAD!

@MEX: I paid €30 for it. Felt like it was cheap considering it's rarity, but I'm not sure exactly how rare it is. Got the follow-up "Ready To Rock" for the same price but it didn't have anything nearly as outstanding as BF on it.

I also had a listen to the Japanese "Go To Eat (Metal Dom)" comp which I'd borrowed from a friend. It's an uneven affair, but the BELLADONNA-track is awesome. Very original Metal I want to hear more of, but I've found zero info on this band so far. Hilfe!
I know they had two tracks on Heavy Metal Force II comp. Besides that I think they did not record anything.. Maybe some demos but I'm unaware of any. I haven't heard their music but you got me interested. Can you compare their sound to any other band?
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Erlking wrote:I haven't heard their music but you got me interested. Can you compare their sound to any other band?
Hard to describe. A great lead riff with a powerful rhythm, weird breaks and some psych rock solos. One of those very Japanese, weird-looking, facepaint-bands. Need to check out HMF 2 asap.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

DaN wrote:
The Erlking wrote:I haven't heard their music but you got me interested. Can you compare their sound to any other band?
Hard to describe. A great lead riff with a powerful rhythm, weird breaks and some psych rock solos. One of those very Japanese, weird-looking, facepaint-bands. Need to check out HMF 2 asap.
I only knew that they were part of the wave of "visual" bands in 80s Japan but the music description sounds something that I must hear. That HMF 2 comp is a real curiosity for me too as it covers two tracks by the great JESUS. :lol: Seriously I need to hear more of that band as well.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Friday beer turned me into a rippin'n'uploadin' mood, so here's the 2nd 1-track upoad for the evening:

http://rapidshare.com/files/275700260/B ... adence.mp3

(don't miss part one)
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

Peruvian Compilation 1 - Cuero Negro (1990)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IL1QSFd9ayE/S ... mpil+1.jpg
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

DaN wrote:Friday beer turned me into a rippin'n'uploadin' mood, so here's the 2nd 1-track upoad for the evening:

http://rapidshare.com/files/275700260/B ... adence.mp3

(don't miss part one)
Fuckin' awesome! I love the section around the four minute mark.

Thanks for this!

Here's a band picture:

Belladonna (from left to right):
Vocals - 赤松 "PUNKY" 剛
Guitars - 井本 "ETSU" 悦夫
Bass - 宇都宮 "LEO" 礼男
Drums -島野 "DOCTOR" 淳

Leo is the same guy who played in Jesus & Cloud Forest.
Cult_Metal_GR

Post by Cult_Metal_GR »

Have you ever heared of "Greece Attacks" ?

This double LP compilation was releaesd in 1989 by FM records. It was an effort for releasing some mostly demo groups. Keep in mind that it was very difficult for a greek metal band in the 80s to record something with a good production. Bands which participate:

Nigel Foxxe/Lord
Digital Dreams
Danger Cross
Nightmare
Vomit
Analog Dreams
Beauty and the Beast
Mystery
IFC
Vaal
Angelheart
Ecstasis
Blowing Free
Anxiety
Thunderbird
Brainstorm
Crush
Gladiators
Warning
Despise

Nigel Foxxe was the Flames guitarist till 1986-87.

Crush formed in 1983 and released the great LP "Kingdom of the Kings" in 1993.

The rest are groups which released demo stuff between late 80s/early 90s.
Stormbringer

Post by Stormbringer »

I have that Greece Attacks DLP somewhere. Got it in a trade several years ago. I think the main reason for me wanting it was that exclusive Crush track. Haven't listened to it in years, but I remember there were a couple of other good bands on that one.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Most bands in Greece Attacks are shite IMHO.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Is it extremely costly? I wouldn't mind having it for that Crush track.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.