Cirith Ungol

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
bigfootkit

Re: Cirith Ungol

Post by bigfootkit »

Really excited to hear what they've conjoured up, but i can't believe they aren't including the godly 'Witch's Game' on the album. Whut's a lowly CD buyin' fella to do?
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

It will be released on cd on the 20th anniversary release.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

:D
Last edited by Zanker on Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Aiden wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:11 pm It will be released on cd on the 20th anniversary release.
:D
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Aiden wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:11 pm It will be released on cd on the 20th anniversary release.
Lol, I fear you're right there, but it would be nice to have it on disc before i'm in need of a hearing aid.
:lol:
Am i alone in being a wee bit disappointed that the new album doesn't include any of the lost songs from back in the day that were never recorded properly or at all by the original band? I really hope they do something with that material at some point.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

bigfootkit wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:23 am
Lol, I fear you're right there, but it would be nice to have it on disc before i'm in need of a hearing aid.
Am i alone in being a wee bit disappointed that the new album doesn't include any of the lost songs from back in the day that were never recorded properly or at all by the original band? I really hope they do something with that material at some point.
I saw there is a Flexi coming in some magazine (decibel) with a CU song: Brutish Manchild. This is a 70's track. looks to fit your criterion exactly. Not a fan of flexis because of the poor sonics (I do own some but they never get listened to) and I do not know if it will appear in another format.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Anyone know which European sellers have this magazine? I would love to buy that CU flexi. Maybe anyone who like the magazine but don't want that flexi, i'm happy to buy it from you. I'm not interested in the magazine so you can keep it. Thanks in advance.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

doomedplanet wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:49 pm
bigfootkit wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:23 am
I saw there is a Flexi coming in some magazine (decibel) with a CU song: Brutish Manchild. This is a 70's track. looks to fit your criterion exactly. Not a fan of flexis because of the poor sonics (I do own some but they never get listened to) and I do not know if it will appear in another format.
Good to know. Hopefully this isn't the only olde song that they've re-recorded & they'll eventually see fit to make them available to a wider audience, and on a better format. I had this vain hope that the reconvened band might do what Hell did a few years back and give us a new album with a bonus disc of newly recorded vintage material. Instead the bonus disc appears to be demo recordings of the songs from the new album, which is fine, but i'd already set my hopes too high to get too excited about those. Still, i'm thrilled to even be talking about a new Cirith Ungol studio album in 2020. Who saw that happening 10 years ago?
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Another track from the forthcoming album has dropped & it's fantastically crushing. Everything i want from a CU song:

Cirith Ungol : Before Tomorrow
[youtube]M9BWJbRv5Ms[/youtube]