Peruvian Metal History - new Corro feature!

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Prowler

Re: Peruvian Metal History - new Corro feature!

Post by Prowler »

Slowly, we will get all metallic spots on this planet earth covered. ^^
The La Fabrica "Suenos" 7" 82 deserves a mention too imo as well as Ali Baba's Group "Moscu" 7" 81.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Prowler wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:56 pm Slowly, we will get all metallic spots on this planet earth covered. ^^
That's the plan 8)
...so, anyone else who feels up to the task of documenting their country's early Metal history? Hosting, developing & editing = free! You'll never find a better offer!
The La Fabrica "Suenos" 7" 82 deserves a mention too imo as well as Ali Baba's Group "Moscu" 7" 81.
LA FABRICA sounded like straight-up 70's prog/soft-rock w/ the odd hr riff to me, and ABG - see start of thread. They seem to have been more of a novelty-project (just a Motörhead cover).
Lord_Sauron

Post by Lord_Sauron »

I agree with everyone that this is a great project, very helpful and informative.

I also agree with Prowler that maybe some more borderline stuff should be included, at least in the form of short notes or "marginalia". It would be helpful both to traditional metal fans who prefer more melodic side of the genre like me, since we would also be interested in this stuff, and to those leaning towards more "extreme" genres, as it would help them avoid that kind of stuff.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Well, the B-side of La Fabrica is a Carlos Santana cover version, so you can't really count that as one of their regular songs imo. But "Suenos" is a prime example of raw Prog/Hard Rock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5qr9-e8nPU

If Tarkus was added (they are just 70's Hard Rock too and "Suenos" sounds much heavier than them), then La Fabrica just for logical reasons has to be featured too.

As for Ali Baba's Group, both songs on the 7" are cover versions, but the "Ace of spades" (they sing in english despite the spanish title) cover sounds like Motörhead without Lemmy. It's (punky) Heavy Metal nevertheless...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDrIS5Z20DI
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

3 first Thrash/extreme bands added!
MetalizeR

Re: Unknown peruvian heavy metal (?) from the 80's

Post by MetalizeR »

DaN wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:35 am ...and so, less than a year later:

All hail MetalizeR!
All hail to you Dan, killer page!
Prowler wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:14 am Well, the B-side of La Fabrica is a Carlos Santana cover version, so you can't really count that as one of their regular songs imo. But "Suenos" is a prime example of raw Prog/Hard Rock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5qr9-e8nPU
Yes more prog rock, later rerecorded by the popular rock band Autocontrol:

[youtube]NtClOL9K7QY[/youtube]

Other examples of Rock bands with a heavy edge:

[youtube]We3E4MLWVF4[/youtube]
Danai y Pateandolatas with a rerecorded song of the band Nexo from his guitarrist Carlos Kakutani (ex Ñu from Spain).

[youtube]yL41hEPzxTE[/youtube]
Hielo, early 80s rock band from peru with Doble A (VTR). They later became the rock/ska band JAS.

[youtube]2glzRakPuv8[/youtube]
Arena Hash, maybe the most popular pop rock band from peru.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

amazing job..... !!!!!

I wish I could save my datas for the "Asian scene" to keep on the project

Luckily I see most of the old peruvian bands are slowly going to be reissued on CD ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

jnfernal wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:28 am I wish I could save my datas for the "Asian scene" to keep on the project
That would truly be a dream come true!
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Nah, I didn't even took back the hard disk from the computer centre.... I won't ever find enough money to repair it plus it's not said it could be repaired and&or all files can be rescued and named properly.... so, I just passed and went away...