Jonah Quizz Question

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Jonah Quizz Question

Post by ION BRITTON »

I have three demo tracks, but i do not know if it's the complete demo of '84. Does anyone have the complete tracklist of their demos? Btw, all tracks are fucking great. And this is the first band of J.Langquist in case some of you didn't know. If you're still wondering who the fuck J.Langquist is, you're definitely in the wrong forum.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

I assume that you lack the song "Gå!" which is the last track on the demo. I guess it's mordred here on the forum who got that song circulating and perhaps the other three songs too. He had the whole demo '84 in quite bad quality. Maybe you got the demo before the complete one was spreading like a blastwave.

Tracklist
1. Hjärtlös Stad (Heartless City)
2. Nattsvarta Ögon (Night-black Eyes)
3. Attack
4. Gå! (Go!)

Apparently there are three more songs from a little earlier period, if I remember correctly, but I haven't heard them.
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

Damn, this demo is slaying so very much! I need to play it right now! Think it was about a month ago since I played it.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Dawnwatcher wrote:Damn, this demo is slaying so very much! I need to play it right now! Think it was about a month ago since I played it.
Upload,Upload,Upload!!!Candlemass Is the best and also Johan is More than perfect.I am dying to hear more from Johan apart from those 6 Candlemass Hymns of 1986. 8)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Dawnwatcher wrote:I assume that you lack the song "Gå!" which is the last track on the demo. I guess it's mordred here on the forum who got that song circulating and perhaps the other three songs too. He had the whole demo '84 in quite bad quality. Maybe you got the demo before the complete one was spreading like a blastwave.

Tracklist
1. Hjärtlös Stad (Heartless City)
2. Nattsvarta Ögon (Night-black Eyes)
3. Attack
4. Gå! (Go!)

Apparently there are three more songs from a little earlier period, if I remember correctly, but I haven't heard them.
Thanks for the info. It's the forth track that i'm missing. The sound quality of the three tracks that i have is excellent, i don't know if that's the rip you mean...Anyway, i must find the other demo anyhow, those three tracks were really awesome.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

I see that I wasn't very clear in my first post. When mordred got the demo in good quality there were only the three first tracks, so he put the song Gå! (which he had in less good quality) along the others.

I remember that he said that he also hade the other demo, but it isn't near the one from 1984. Hope he will rip it some day anyway.

I don't think I have the time to upload the demo until after the weekend, so if anyone feels for it earlier, go ahead.
mordred

Post by mordred »

I wonder if this is the most popular unearthing I ever did? :D

As Dawnwatcher said I ripped and slightly remastered all the tracks, but the fourth track had to be taken from a rather bad sounding copy as it was lacking on the class A tape dub I had. I did my best to touch it up, but the quality of it is still way inferior to the other three tracks. Better to have it on than not though, it's a smahing song.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Patrik_D

Post by Patrik_D »

Jonah Quizz kills! Excellent demo. It would be smashing to hear Candlemass play some of these songs on their 20th anniversary concert but that's not gonna happen....
I SENTENCE YOU TO DEATH....

BY GUILLOTINE
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

No chance in hell that they're going to do any Jonah Quizz stuff ofcourse, but we could always scream for some WITCHCRAFT (Leif's first band, pre-NEMESIS) cuts :wink:

Anyway, I guess we'll try to confront Johan after the gig and try to sqeeze out some J-Q info. Stay tuned, foreign sukkazzz :P
ogre08

Post by ogre08 »

Yepp Guys.
I'm kinda glad i've found this site, and very glad that you guys know your Metal history :=) Jonah Quizz was a metal band from a northern suburb of Stockholm called Jakan (Jakobsberg). The band contained of 5 members and a bunch of fans..... 2 official demos were produced - and one of them ( the later ) you guys already have ( hm, how did you get it? )or know of.... The first demo contained of 4 tracks -and i can only categorise the tracks as an early mix of hardrock/punkrock. I only have the demos on cassette tapes, AND o yes, the master tape to the second demo ( the one you have / want ) o:)
But i dont know how to , or who has the equipment to help me master the tape and create cd's........ It's a big old tape
Does anyone have any tip on how to deal with the problem?

Now, you must be wondering who i am?
Well......... let me say this much - i played in the band.

SeeYa
ogre
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

:shock: An original member of JONAH QUIZZ!

Yeah!Jonah Quizz's demo is so fucking good i wonder if they had more tracks like the 4 gems they would be one of the 10 best Swedish bands ever!

Ogre can you write down the line-up from Jonah Quizz and who of them are you?
ogre08

Post by ogre08 »

Fucking Åmål wrote::shock: An original member of JONAH QUIZZ!

Yeah!Jonah Quizz's demo is so fucking good i wonder if they had more tracks like the 4 gems they would be one of the 10 best Swedish bands ever!

Ogre can you write down the line-up from Jonah Quizz and who of them are you?
Yes FÅ, we had a LOT of GREAT metal tracks, always on the "melodic" side of heavy Metal. As said before 5 guys Johan ( Candlemass) on vocals, Kenta ( Geddy Lee ) on base, Anders ( Nugent ) Guitarr, Tony ( KK Downing ) Guitar, Ogre (me) on drums.

So, FÅ - how / where did you get our music? is there any MP3's available? i would shure like to have them......
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

ogre08 wrote: Yes FÅ, we had a LOT of GREAT metal tracks, always on the "melodic" side of heavy Metal. As said before 5 guys Johan ( Candlemass) on vocals, Kenta ( Geddy Lee ) on base, Anders ( Nugent ) Guitarr, Tony ( KK Downing ) Guitar, Ogre (me) on drums.

So, FÅ - how / where did you get our music? is there any MP3's available? i would shure like to have them......
The demo of JQ is spread through MP3's and believe me there are lots of fans of JQ all over the world.
There was an upload before some months by mordred (member of this forum from Sweden) he propably have transformed his tape into digital sound but the last track ''Gå'' sounds as quality goes too bad in comparizon with the other 3tracks he said the tape is damaged at the end so the track ''Gå'' can hardly be heared(someone must find a healthy tape to transform into MP3).
I am interested to know about the last names not just the nicks or first names of the band.
Is there a foto/cover or is there a possibility to scan some old photos?
Do you want me to upload the Jonah Quizz demo in case you have not in MP3 format?
The first demo would be cool to have though i have no idea how converting into MP3's(it is very difficult in my opinion).The best solution since you live in Stockholm is to meet up with Dan(Moderator,Owner of this site,and JQ enthusiast) so you can have some interview and the tape uploaded(
:D ).
What do you say about this?
wyzard

Post by wyzard »

Personally,I found JONAH QUIZZ's demo of 1984,last year from someone from Sweden.
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

Interesting to hear something from a member, yep... And just as Fucking Åmål asked: are there any photos or something like that? Lyrics? Would be more than cool.

Really Love the 1984 demo.

How did you find the website?