Which concert will you attend next ?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

Black Axe wrote:
sagrotan wrote:still don't know about the Kory Clarke thing but nevertheless, TROUBLE w/ PENTAGRAM on 30.9. around my corner should not be missed methinks 8)
I want to go to one of these shows too, but distance makes it hard to pull off without a car. I'd have to spend the night, and that's expensive.
just booked my ticket for this. sadly w/out THE DEVIL'S BLOOD here - so I'll need to see them in November in addition..
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

sagrotan wrote:
Black Axe wrote:
sagrotan wrote:still don't know about the Kory Clarke thing but nevertheless, TROUBLE w/ PENTAGRAM on 30.9. around my corner should not be missed methinks 8)
I want to go to one of these shows too, but distance makes it hard to pull off without a car. I'd have to spend the night, and that's expensive.
just booked my ticket for this. sadly w/out THE DEVIL'S BLOOD here - so I'll need to see them in November in addition..
Me too. :lol: I just had to go. I hope it'll be worth the extra cash.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Wolf & Cauldron (yeah, yeah, I know) are in Manchester on the 14th of October. Absu & Razor of Occam are at the same venue (Moho) on the 2nd of Nov. Ace!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:Wolf & Cauldron (yeah, yeah, I know) are in Manchester on the 14th of October. Absu & Razor of Occam are at the same venue (Moho) on the 2nd of Nov. Ace!
Wolf looks interesting live!
rooster

Post by rooster »

I think about going to Katowice to see Mekong Delta, Tygers of Pan Tang and Wild Knight, and a couple of other groups at Hardrocker Festival. But i really like only Mekong Delta so i must consider is that trip worth the money ;)
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

this Friday Destroyer 666....is this band any good live? anyone?
humus

Post by humus »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:this Friday Destroyer 666....is this band any good live? anyone?
It's been over 7 years since I last saw them live but back then they killed...
msp

Post by msp »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:this Friday Destroyer 666....is this band any good live? anyone?
Saw them two years ago in London. Unfortunately the sound was quite poor so they suffered as a result. Still quite good fun although I am sure I was rather drunk.
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Lama

Post by Lama »

I went to see Pentagram, Trouble and The Devil's Blood in 013 in Tilburg mondag evening.

The Devil's Blood did a short, but OK set. A pity that the singer sometimes hits some false notes.

Trouble managed to play a convincing set with lots of classics (sadly, nothing from "Run To The Light" and "Plastic Green Head"), but their performance was ruined by Kory Clarcke. Fantastic frontman, no discussion about that, but he just doesn't have a voice anymore... I'm wondering...are the other Trouble-members deaf?? They played one new song ("Hunters Of Doom"), which sounded as if it was written in '85!!

Pentagram played exactly the same set as the one on Hell's Pleasure. Sadly, Bobby had caught a cold, so his voice wasn't the best. His performance wasn't as wild as on Hell's Pleasure, but still entertaining. He also was looking a bit tired, but that's understandable, considering his age, lack of touring experience and his (former?) abusive lifestyle... Or maybe the death of Bobby's hero Dickie Peterson (Blue Cheer) that monday morning had an effect on his mental state and/or performance... But hey, don't get me wrong, it was still a good gig, and I'm glad to have seen Pentagram for the second time in one year. Never thought that would ever happen...

Oh yeah : 013 = cold bunker with zero atmosphere, highly irritating door policy/security and too expensive drinks.
Kampel Destruction
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Recently recovered from an awfully long trip to Pentagram and Trouble too.

First came Devil's Blood. One of the most ridiculous shows I've ever seen. Three guitarist, all had the heavy rock look, acted like they were playing some mean and heavy riffs, but it sounded like all three of 'em forgot to switch on their amps. The lead singer looked like she came straight from King Diamond's The Puppet Master as she stood like a rediculous puppet on stage. Two songs sounded more menacing and I actually heard some guitars, so I guess they were actually playing then. To sum it up: they are shit.

After that came the wall of sound of Trouble's guitars, making me wonder if the previous band actually had guitarist. Perhaps I imagined it, this was the real deal times a 100. Still one of the best guitar duo's ever. They could've played a little more old songs, but still a great show. Opening with Ride The Sky, which was best song suiting Kory's voice. As I've heard before he really didn't match Trouble's own songs, both in sound and stage presence.
They also played a song from the upcoming new album. Which was okay, quite uptempo and more heavy metallic. But it didn't make a big impression.

After that came Pentagram, one of the best and heaviest shows I've ever seen. A glorious performance of pure doom metal. Bobby was great and he still uses more of the stage than most lead singers in their prime. Excellent set list and the new guitarist really delivered. They played two new songs, which sounded surprisingly good. I was pretty disappointed with the RYC and S-B albums, but this sounded more in league with the other albums. Hopefully the new album will actually get released.Highlight of the show was to me the supreme performance of Petrified.
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

Kreator + Exodus... tomorrow.
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

Fortunately Entombed in november hope they confirm it, and Obituary in December! :twisted:
Keep politics OUT of this forum
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

Clemente wrote:Fortunately Entombed in november hope they confirm it, and Obituary in December! :twisted:
Dont forget Mortal Sin in november too, Benediction with Obituary? :shock: ... and the next day Torturer hehe.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

MetalizeR wrote:Kreator + Exodus... tomorrow.
Hope you enjoy it, here the price for one ticket is 50 dollars, so fuck'em.

About next "concert", probably VENOM + PENTAGRAM on december.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Hope Kreator can get their act together, 'cos last time I saw them they were terrible. Got really drunk that night as there was nothing else to do but drink and talk to people.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.