Which concert will you attend next ?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

DaN wrote:DAMN!! That MANOWAR setlist is just about the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on :shock:
So was this a one-off event, or are they taking this show to Europe as well?
A one-time event they promised to do when they were in Bulgaria last year (2007).

I was told they played almost the same setlist on Magic circle Festival too, but split up in two consequtive days.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:Was this planned?
Yes, in 2007 Joey said they are going to break the Guinness record next time when they play in Bulgaria, so it was known it would be a monster show.

Manowar are honorary citizens of Kavarna city. The major had Joey DeMayo picture painted on one of the biggest appartment buildings downtown (see pic below), and also Manowar bought some real estate on the sea coast and are going to build a house and a recording studio there. So they always proclaim they are at "home" in Kavarna and play monster shows, including singing the Bulgarian anthem in Bulgarian language (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKL-DB3twQ)
And did you actually stay for the entire show?
I did. I was there for 6 hours (coz they had HOLYHELL to open for them). Manowar started playing at about 10pm and finished in 3am! The good thing is, the beer was very CHEAP (1.50 leva = 0.75 EUR) so I managed to drink 9 beers and eat some food for under 10 EUR :lol:

The other interesting thing is that Rhino filed in for Scott Columbus (Scott's mom died and he flew back home), so poor Rhino had to play the entire 6 hours (first with Holyhell and then with Manowar)
Where were you seated?
It was a stadium show with general admission tickets, so I was lurking on the grass field infront of the stage most of the time. Went to the tribunes and sat for a bit at the end though, when my poor feet got wobbly :lol:

Eric Adams is not from this world - sang and screamed 5 hours like there's no tomorrow, yet his voice never faltered! Unreal...

Dissapointment: none of the chicks which got invited on the stage during "Pleasure slave" to make striptease got completely their clothes off :x

Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

humus wrote:
stormspell wrote:MANOWAR "broke" the Guiness record for the longest metal concert - 5 hours and 1 minute monster show:
Shows over one hour of any band and I get fed up with it. That in combination with manowar makes your concert experience a definition of horror to me.
It was a challenge to endure, but the setlist was perfect so in the end I have only good memories to behold.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Yesterday i was in Athens for VENOM and ICED EARTH with Meshuggah,Lacuna Coil,Pain Of Salvation,Moonspell.Excellent show,perfect sound.

ICED EARTH played many classics although they played lot shorter time than of 2002 when i had seen them again where they had played 3 hours.

VENOM classic old school thrash/speed.History!
vansinne

Post by vansinne »

Friday: Paul Di'Anno
Saturday: Iron Maiden
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Judas Priest with Testament opening TOMORROW.

Ii've been listening to all 12 of Priest's studio albums from Rocka Rolla - Painkiller in preparation.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

stormspell wrote: Yes, in 2007 Joey said they are going to break the Guinness record next time when they play in Bulgaria, so it was known it would be a monster show.

I did. I was there for 6 hours (coz they had HOLYHELL to open for them). Manowar started playing at about 10pm and finished in 3am! The good thing is, the beer was very CHEAP (1.50 leva = 0.75 EUR) so I managed to drink 9 beers and eat some food for under 10 EUR :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: They almost played every song from Battle Hymns til'
Kings Of Metal.How they managed to do so?
Does they will release it as a DVD?

I wonder how Greek MANOWAR die hard fans(who are too many) haven't known this event.I bet there would be Greek fans who if they knew that they would have played 6 hours only 80's songs they would be coming to Bulgaria even by foot. 8)

Mr.Stormspell you should have informed us some weeks before that event :wink:
Witchfynde

Post by Witchfynde »

Sweet Savage (or is it Maiden?) at Wacken.
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

Lethal in Copenhagen tomorrow.
Helm

Post by Helm »

Iron Maiden tonight.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Next gig for me, ROZZ :

The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Couldn't resist and saw Maiden at Wacken. They really slayed, perfect sound and show.

Up the irons!!!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

The Sentinel wrote:Couldn't resist and saw Maiden at Wacken. They really slayed, perfect sound and show.

Up the irons!!!!
I saw them live in Paris one month ago, , I was a little deceived by their set-list, I was expecting them to play more "rare" songs from that period, instead of playing "Run to the Hills", "The Trooper", "Hallowed be thy Name", ... songs that everybody has heard 1000 times live. :twisted:
But, it was great to hear "Powerslave" and "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" !!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

omen of hate wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:Couldn't resist and saw Maiden at Wacken. They really slayed, perfect sound and show.

Up the irons!!!!
I saw them live in Paris one month ago, , I was a little deceived by their set-list, I was expecting them to play more "rare" songs from that period, instead of playing "Run to the Hills", "The Trooper", "Hallowed be thy Name", ... songs that everybody has heard 1000 times live. :twisted:
That's indeed true. Instead of "Run To The Hills" they could play the monstersong "Somewhere In Time" for instance.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

The Sentinel wrote:
omen of hate wrote:

Up the irons!!!!
That's indeed true. Instead of "Run To The Hills" they could play the monstersong "Somewhere In Time" for instance.
Priest has a much better set-list this year as far as I'm concerned. Though RotAM does make up for a lot.