LOUDNESS: Thunder in the East

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Sentinel

LOUDNESS: Thunder in the East

Post by The Sentinel »

Always had a soft spot for this record. Akira's shredding is beyond incredible. Somehow the A-side shits all over the B-side imo. If the B-side was filled with the best songs from the Wolf EP this was arguably the best record from Japan.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I'll agree, I've always liked this album and it's one of the earlier ones that got me into this kind of music. It's catchy but still has balls with some great guitar work by Akira and his obvious Eddie Van Halen worship. This is definately not stuff for the guys that are big into lyrics though, haha...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Totally agreed. I love the melodic feel of Loudness on this album coupled with some classic heavy metal crunch. Plus the album is just plain rock'n'roll fun to listen to. I know some people hate them but I also adore the vocals (especially on this release).
hload

Post by hload »

Avenger wrote:I'll agree, I've always liked this album and it's one of the earlier ones that got me into this kind of music. It's catchy but still has balls with some great guitar work by Akira and his obvious Eddie Van Halen worship. This is definately not stuff for the guys that are big into lyrics though, haha...
Typical western point of view because of the whole press industry and the myths he likes to create... :lol: I believe Akira was more influenced from Kyoji Yamamoto, who played before what van halen became famous for...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

hload wrote:
Avenger wrote:I'll agree, I've always liked this album and it's one of the earlier ones that got me into this kind of music. It's catchy but still has balls with some great guitar work by Akira and his obvious Eddie Van Halen worship. This is definately not stuff for the guys that are big into lyrics though, haha...
Typical western point of view because of the whole press industry and the myths he likes to create... :lol: I believe Akira was more influenced from Kyoji Yamamoto, who played before what van halen became famous for...
Well, I do live in the western world, so...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I didn't really like this album when I first got it. I'll need to put it on again.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

This is a really great album, the productions is more, how can I say it, "strong" than their previous records. But still, no other of their albums can match "DISILUSSION"!!! (although I've listened 'til Thunder in the East, how are the records after that one?)
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Avenger wrote:
hload wrote:

Don't get me wrong, "Thunder in the East" is one of my favorite Japanese Metal releases ever BUT don't you think that "Heavy Chains" owes something to "Blood of my enemies"?
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

One of my favourite Heavy Metal albums and I do enjoy the lyrics as well. I still get goosebumps whenever I listen to Clockwork Toy and this part comes

Don't try to tell me your fantasy
It's my life
You try to tell me what's right for me
Turn the knife, twist the key
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance