ATTACKER

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

What is your favorite Attacker LP?

Battle At Helm's Deep
54%
The Second Coming
37%
Soul Taker
4%
The Unknown
4%

Total votes: 46

rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Battle At Helm's Deep here for the tuguese. :D
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

"Battle at Helm's Deep" here too, such a great album. Personally I never had problems with the vocals but can understand the disapproval; they're nasal as fuck but that makes this album such an unique listening experience. The cartoon-cover fits the music perfectly.
Long Live The Loud !!!
daniel

Post by daniel »

More votes for 2nd coming or I'm quitting this forum ;)
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

daniel wrote:More votes for 2nd coming or I'm quitting this forum ;)
Wish granted. The Second Coming slays!
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

The Sentinel wrote:that makes this album such an unique listening experience.
True, whereas The Second Coming is way more common. 8)
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
metal gaijin

Post by metal gaijin »

"Battle" is the one for me...just the opening notes of the intro to "The Hermit" are enough to make me happy...I guess it's probably a matter of which Attacker album I heard first...I got into "Battle" as soon as I heard it, but then "Second" came out and was not the follow-up record that I expected, so it took a little longer for me to enjoy that one in its own right...
say what you mean and say it mean
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

Justice is done.

8)

:lol:
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
Keir

Post by Keir »

I am not surprised that Battle... is getting lots of votes, but I never expected it would surpass The Second Coming! Though, if I understand Sgt. Kuntz' post correctly it would actually be tied now.
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

Attacker !!!

Awesome World Class Metal band. If I were to write a collectors book on heavy metal. I would have this band rated in the top tier of the world class bands of all time.

The Second Coming was the best album. I liked the increase in the POWER and INTENSITY factor, in comparison to the debut.

But with "Battle's At Helms Deep" I really played that album non-stop since it was release. Even to this day. I still play this album, non-stop, just like Mercyful Fate's "Melissa" and Satan's "Court in the Act"

Since the album "Battle At Helms Deep" has a different vocalist Bob Mitchell, and a different guitar team, the songwriting direction was really different from "The Second Coming". This album is really unique for its time of release. There was alot of creative songwriting and riffing, on "Battle At Helms Deep". I always will appreciate the wide range of dynamics and atmosphere, that is part of "Battle at Helms Deep's" appeal.

For some reason after throwing this on the turn table or cassette deck. I always reached for Dark Age's "Dark Age" on Gnarly Records/ Greenworld Distrobution. And of course Liege Lord's "Freedoms Rise".
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

Battle... a classic US Power Metal album !
CloudsOfMetal

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

I love their all albums but Second Coming never seems to get old.
only the heaviest weather available
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

I actually loved 'The Second Coming' when I was just discovering Attacker, but I believe the first one has a bit more of an 'adventurous feel' to it and when I listen to both records today 'Battle At Helm's Deep' is easily my favourite Attacker record - and it gets my vote.

As many of you probably have, I've also seen them at KIT X in 2008. Really great show and it was also to be Bob Mitchell's last with them. Haven't heard any news on the recent Attacker activities, but Bob has since reformed Sleepy Hollow and they'll be releasing a new album soon.
metal gaijin

Post by metal gaijin »

Heavy wrote:I actually loved 'The Second Coming' when I was just discovering Attacker, but I believe the first one has a bit more of an 'adventurous feel' to it and when I listen to both records today 'Battle At Helm's Deep' is easily my favourite Attacker record - and it gets my vote.

As many of you probably have, I've also seen them at KIT X in 2008. Really great show and it was also to be Bob Mitchell's last with them. Haven't heard any news on the recent Attacker activities, but Bob has since reformed Sleepy Hollow and they'll be releasing a new album soon.
Good to hear the news re: Sleepy Hollow...their "A Legend Retold" album was fun - will have to pull that one out again...
say what you mean and say it mean