Holy American Trinity

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Which band is your favorite ?

PENTAGRAM
33%
SAINT VITUS
29%
TROUBLE
37%

Total votes: 51

rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

I like both 3 bands a lot.
Best 2 albuns of these 3 bands in my opinion are Relentless and Psalm 9.
My vote goes for Trouble to put things a bit more even.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've voted for ST VITUS. Every album in their discography sounds perfect to my ears !! PENTAGRAM comes close tough. I'm not a big fan of TROUBLE, I enjoy some of their songs, but that's all.
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
nightsblood wrote:Christian Death and Bauhaus being lumped into Death Metal in the early 80s.
I'm sure the term was "death rock". You'd have to be a really silly person to label them DM.
Of course it was Death Rock (and it is still called that way), simply because, Christian Death released albums many years BEFORE Death Metal, even before Thrash Metal. They formed in late 70's and became famous in 1981/1982. :)

Same for Bauhaus, but this is not Death Rock.
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

So PENTAGRAM is the first, for NOW. :lol:

This is a hard battle.

That's true that Relentless is an absolutely killer album, and with this rainy dull day here near Paris, it seems that is is time to give it a spin.
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I was never that much of a Trouble fan. Their albums are good and I've got them all, but they're not on the same level for me. Saint Vitus have been fantastic and have not made a bad album. I'll vote Pentagram still though. I love both the 70s and 80s stuff and though their later releases aren't all that hot...that's just the stuff that moves me the most.

But I wouldn't want to be without any of those bands.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

rumblefist wrote:both 3 bands
!

I abstained again. All three are vital.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

1 TROUBLE - THE FIRST 3 ALBUMS are GODLY. I am a huge fan of Eric Wagner's vocals. I never have problems finding back up copies of these albums. Some people after years of listening to Trouble begin to hate the vocals. So when I ask to buy these from people, the think THEY ARE ripping me off, when in fact, i feel guilty of getting albums for cheap, that I believe no metaller should NEVER sell under any circumstances.

2. Pentagram-THE FIRST 3 ALBUMS are GODLY. I have every CD issuse and reissuse of these.

3. Saint Vitus. I have a CD of theres called Heavier than Thou, it is a compilation, and I think it is pretty cool. I had all there releases during the vinyl-era, but I give this bands fans credit, because I have never seen a used Saint Vitus, CD EVER Since I changed over from vinyl to CD 15 years ago. On average I make about 125 to 150 trips to the record store every year. I always hated Televsion. And FM corporate rock radio.
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

went for St. Vitus. Die Healing is a god damned classic
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

For me it's PENTAGRAM with little competition. The first 3 albums + most of the 70's stuff is Immortal Rock Music in my book and the last 2 studio albums, though not flawless, have been a great return to form. I'm actually really glad they're experiencing this hype of the last few years - they always deserved to be huge and not just a Forgotten Cvlt Band.

Concerning SAINT VITUS, I sometimes feel I'm the only one in the (Metal)world who just don't get them. They got a cool sound and all and you've gotta respect their ahead-of-their-time/timelessness, but their songs/riffing just never clicked with me.

Concerning TROUBLE, I love the 1st album and about half of "The Skull" and half of s/t, but their later 70's Rock-stuff bored me ...and Wagner's vocal style gets a bit heavy on my ears after a while.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

DaN wrote:For me it's PENTAGRAM with little competition. The first 3 albums + most of the 70's stuff is Immortal Rock Music in my book and the last 2 studio albums, though not flawless, have been a great return to form. I'm actually really glad they're experiencing this hype of the last few years - they always deserved to be huge and not just a Forgotten Cvlt Band.

Concerning SAINT VITUS, I sometimes feel I'm the only one in the (Metal)world who just don't get them. They got a cool sound and all and you've gotta respect their ahead-of-their-time/timelessness, but their songs/riffing just never clicked with me.

Concerning TROUBLE, I love the 1st album and about half of "The Skull" and half of s/t, but their later 70's Rock-stuff bored me ...and Wagner's vocal style gets a bit heavy on my ears after a while.
You are not the only one, St Vitus never clicked with me too.
But as for the others i prefer Trouble.
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

These days I´d say Pentagram, then Trouble.

Never got into St Vitus.
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Pentagram too.

Saint Vitus with Wino doesn't click that much with me either, but they are great live.

And Trouble: The usual first two story.
weltbrand

Post by weltbrand »

Pentagram = 5 perfect albums (if you count 'Last Daze Here' and both versions of the debut)

Vitus = 3 perfect albums

Trouble = 1 perfect album
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Trouble. Although neither of the 3 will make my personal top 100 i'm afraid...
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Pentagram for me. The first 2 and First Daze Here are just godly.

I'm surprised there is not more mention of the Trouble s/t album. I think it's an amazing album. For some reason it seems to get overlooked for Psalm 9 and The Skull.