"Metal from Hellas" Documentary with English Subs

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
daniel

Post by daniel »

Ask Arthur Doyle.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Avenger wrote:I also can’t figure out why a documentary based solely on the greek scene has back round music consisting mostly of US bands?
because someone who lives in a non-modern metal country had to ask... :lol:
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

I think Tzanetatos' mention was typical. There was no mention about Exoristoi & D. Katis. And many other things are missing as well. But it was a good try.
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

I found this quite an enjoyable watch for the anecdotes and general sense of heavy metal camaraderie, but I can't say it made me want to investigate Greece's traditional metal bands, it doesn't seem like they had anything special to offer.

I was looking forward to coverage of Greek black metal though, that would have been a lot more interesting in my opinion as those artists are far more significant Hellenic exports in my eyes!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Avenger wrote:I also can’t figure out why a documentary based solely on the greek scene has back round music consisting mostly of US bands?
because someone who lives in a non-modern metal country had to ask... :lol:
:?:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Pavlos

Post by Pavlos »

Divine Victim wrote:...but I can't say it made me want to investigate Greece's traditional metal bands, it doesn't seem like they had anything special to offer.
Five albums you should check out, if you wanna give greek (classic) metal a chance:

SARISSA - Demo 1987
NORTHWIND - Mythology
EXORISTOI - Exoristoi
CRUSH - Kingdom Of The Kings
RUST - Shoot Them Higher

Maybe not lonely-island-albums, but definitely good old school metal!!!!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Pavlos wrote:
Divine Victim wrote:...but I can't say it made me want to investigate Greece's traditional metal bands, it doesn't seem like they had anything special to offer.
Five albums you should check out, if you wanna give greek (classic) metal a chance:

SARISSA - Demo 1987
NORTHWIND - Mythology
EXORISTOI - Exoristoi
CRUSH - Kingdom Of The Kings
RUST - Shoot Them Higher

Maybe not lonely-island-albums, but definitely good old school metal!!!!
is that Rust and Exoristoi titles expensive? are they found on official cds?(in case they are very expensive)
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

I think Exoristoi is a title that you can find in a decent price every now and then,with some research though,since Greek sellers may sell them for a quite high price,making foreign ones do so.
Never trust the Goblin King....
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Each phrase, each story made me gone to my past. I don't care if it misses 2 or 3 worth mention bands. The doc wasn't supposed to be a bible. This doc is just a time machine for you, me and for the ones who weren't there. Oh and i felt so related with what happened here during the 80's...exactly same problems, situations and even curiosities. What Greg and the band who supported, told about 1st Brocas Helm show in Greece is such a Kult thing.
Thanks to the 2 dudes who made the film and to who brought it up to be discussed in Corro.
eatmetalgreg

Post by eatmetalgreg »

somethings to say:

1) Nick, Convixion singer + guitar player, who done this documentary, did this as a fucking last test, for his studies....so, don't be an asshole, just fucking enjoy it.....it's made by METALHEADS FOR METALHEADS.....

2) Ok, one thing for the greek scene: whether you like it or not, it is-was the best metal scene of the world.....
VARIETY is the number #1 reason...... there are more reasons, i can discuss about it...

3) about Avenger: SINCE WHEN SOME PIECE OF SHIT CAN EVEN TALK ABOUT A METAL SCENE? JUST BY COLLECTING SOME CD'S FROM EBAY, DOESN'T MAKE YOU A METALHEAD......
YOU FUCKING LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT... I AM NOT OVER WITH YOU....
WHAT A SHAME YOUR FUCKIN' BOSS DOESN'T LET YOU COME TO KIT.. (OR IS IT YOUR MAMMA THAT DON'T LET YOU GO? ) , WE COULD HAVE A GREAT TIME THERE....
FUCKING LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT............
BY THE WAY, DAN ,, HOW CAN YOU TOLERATE A LITTLE FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT LIKE THIS??????????????
FUCK, I MAY BE SLOW SOMETIMES, BUT LOSERS LIKE THIS LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT, SHOULD NOT EVEN POST MESSAGES IN A FORUM LIKE THIS...
WHAT IS THE MATRIX OF YOUR ORIGINAL RARE CD'S????????
SHITTY LOSERS LIKE YOU DESTROY THE METAL SCENE.......
WHAT THE FUCK....
DAN, SORRY FOR THIS MESSAGE, BUT I JUST CAN'T TOLERATE WITH SOME LITTLE PUSSY LIKE THIS.......
YOU FUCKING CUNT, JUST PLEASE COME TO KIT OR SOME EUROPEAN FEST SOMETIME..... I FUCKING EVEN REMEMBER YOUR FACE... JUST MAKE IT THERE......PIECE OF SHIT....MOTHERFUCKING COLLECTING CD'S PIECE OF SHIT..... COME AND I WILL SHOW YOU SOME WELCOMING.....FUCKING ZERO PIECE OF SHIT.....
epic metal rules !
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Take it easy Greg, the guy has some serious mind problems don't waste your time. When a guy says that :

"I also can’t figure out why a documentary based solely on the greek scene has back round music consisting mostly of US bands?"

and the majority of the songs are from Greek bands (20) and right after that there are the English songs (6) & only 5 from US bands you can understand his level...
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:the guy has some serious mind problems
And someone who posts threatening messages in all caps hasn't?
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Sorry you guys but i don't see the point of threatening someone from the internet.In fact it is the worst thing can someone do from a forum like this.

I don't know what Avenger said to you from the internet though but this doesn't justify the ongoing bullying from Nebudhanezzar and Greg.

A supporter of 80's obscure metal is a supporter no matter what you say.In my eyes and how helpful is for the scene to have fans is the same as a guy who drinks all the time whisky,beer or a guy who drinks chocolate all the time.Or a guy who has long hair or one with short hair.Or a lot of contrast things between a stereotype 80's fan and one not.

Avenger has his views on obscure metal just like all of us.Good or bad.
Focusing in this thread his point of view isn't so irrational.

I already said my view on Greek metal in this thread.Greg is a good guy though(i have known him once) although he gets a bit angry when someone doesn't agree with his musical views(i said to him also that i don't like Pagan Altar,US Power,doom).

About who i am Greg?(i am the guy who listens to Albanian and Romanian bands).