"Metal from Hellas" Documentary with English Subs

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Pavlos

Post by Pavlos »

To get back to topic: I think the SPITFIRE guy nailed it 100 % when he said that greek bands are just way too lazy to achieve more success. The talent and the passion are there, but the will to put 110% into it is just missing. Having fun & making party instead of working hard & prosper is more important too many of us - but that´s our mentality. Some of the bands I mentioned earlier in this thread could have become much much bigger....
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

I would also like to know if the matrix on Avenger's asshole is original or a greek bootleg.
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

Vaggelis wrote:Sorry you guys but i don't see the point of threatening someone from the internet.In fact it is the worst thing can someone do from a forum like this.

I don't know what Avenger said to you from the internet though but this doesn't justify the ongoing bullying from Nebudhanezzar and Greg.

A supporter of 80's obscure metal is a supporter no matter what you say.In my eyes and how helpful is for the scene to have fans is the same as a guy who drinks all the time whisky,beer or a guy who drinks chocolate all the time.Or a guy who has long hair or one with short hair.Or a lot of contrast things between a stereotype 80's fan and one not.

Avenger has his views on obscure metal just like all of us.Good or bad.
Focusing in this thread his point of view isn't so irrational.

I already said my view on Greek metal in this thread.Greg is a good guy though(i have known him once) although he gets a bit angry when someone doesn't agree with his musical views(i said to him also that i don't like Pagan Altar,US Power,doom).

About who i am Greg?(i am the guy who listens to Albanian and Romanian bands).
Hmm u don't like US power and doom..and u like albanian and romanian bands.. u must be a real underground metal supporter for sure.
Cheers
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:the guy has some serious mind problems
And someone who posts threatening messages in all caps hasn't?
I speak from all his history here giving also evidences about that thread too.
Now your cheap method to cut only 1 phrase from my post just to say your "theory" is another story. I know Greg personally I can't judge him only by one post with caps letters saying bullshit that he has mind problems because he shouted to one guy who possibly paid $3 for shipping & opened a dispute. You can judge the same Can guy how "quick" & "friendly" is he as a seller on ebay by his fucked up rating system. But that it's out of topic right?
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Vaggelis wrote:I don't know what Avenger said to you from the internet though but this doesn't justify the ongoing bullying from Nebudhanezzar and Greg.
If you don't know (or you don't want to see) you better shut up your mouth. WTF did you see bullying by me? There's no threatening by me he said about modern Greek scene & that the music background of the video consisted mainly by US metal bands & he got his answers.

By the way if you really listen to Albanian & Romanian bands that's positive, noone should forget his roots...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

In case the topic gets more trashy there'll be a nice, good lock.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Bane

Post by Bane »

Let's get it back on topic.

The documentary was really, great. Even if you put the subject matter to one side; it was extremely well shot & edited. Very professional. I would be interested to know how he got marked!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Any DVD release planned ?
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Everyone buying a rare CD or LP for a 3 digit number is congratulated in here,but something that someone has put some effort making it is being criticised,strange indeed!Anyway,this was the THESIS for his university,I'm afraid I have to reiterate,it is not an official documentary film made to cover the whole Greek scene.Stomach it and stop being malevolent for no reason and enjoy the video.
Never trust the Goblin King....
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

I watched it yesterday and thought it was great too, well put together and well thought out. It was great seeing friends of mine in the Greek scene talking about the history of it, and I'd love to see similar projects from different countries too.

Bane! Let's do an Irish history one.

Well, in 1984 I got drunk and listened to metal. And now it's 2011. Still not sober and still listening to metal.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

eatmetalgreg wrote:somethings to say:

1) Nick, Convixion singer + guitar player, who done this documentary, did this as a fucking last test, for his studies....so, don't be an asshole, just fucking enjoy it.....it's made by METALHEADS FOR METALHEADS.....

2) Ok, one thing for the greek scene: whether you like it or not, it is-was the best metal scene of the world.....
VARIETY is the number #1 reason...... there are more reasons, i can discuss about it...

3) about Avenger: SINCE WHEN SOME PIECE OF SHIT CAN EVEN TALK ABOUT A METAL SCENE? JUST BY COLLECTING SOME CD'S FROM EBAY, DOESN'T MAKE YOU A METALHEAD......
YOU FUCKING LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT... I AM NOT OVER WITH YOU....
WHAT A SHAME YOUR FUCKIN' BOSS DOESN'T LET YOU COME TO KIT.. (OR IS IT YOUR MAMMA THAT DON'T LET YOU GO? ) , WE COULD HAVE A GREAT TIME THERE....
FUCKING LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT............
BY THE WAY, DAN ,, HOW CAN YOU TOLERATE A LITTLE FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT LIKE THIS??????????????
FUCK, I MAY BE SLOW SOMETIMES, BUT LOSERS LIKE THIS LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT, SHOULD NOT EVEN POST MESSAGES IN A FORUM LIKE THIS...
WHAT IS THE MATRIX OF YOUR ORIGINAL RARE CD'S????????
SHITTY LOSERS LIKE YOU DESTROY THE METAL SCENE.......
WHAT THE FUCK....
DAN, SORRY FOR THIS MESSAGE, BUT I JUST CAN'T TOLERATE WITH SOME LITTLE PUSSY LIKE THIS.......
YOU FUCKING CUNT, JUST PLEASE COME TO KIT OR SOME EUROPEAN FEST SOMETIME..... I FUCKING EVEN REMEMBER YOUR FACE... JUST MAKE IT THERE......PIECE OF SHIT....MOTHERFUCKING COLLECTING CD'S PIECE OF SHIT..... COME AND I WILL SHOW YOU SOME WELCOMING.....FUCKING ZERO PIECE OF SHIT.....

Go scam some more people over ebay, okay?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

just finished watching it along with my gf, we both agreed that the greek heavy metal scene is not that different from the mexican one,specially in matters like the unity of the scene(here everyone consumes shit from abroad,but dislike good home metal) that along with the fact that theres little support for the musicians...all in all i think is a more healthy scene, Greece at least have Jag panzer and Manilla Road playing over there....here,not in you wildest dreams...

well done documentary, i liked it :)
The_Real_Mordred

Post by The_Real_Mordred »

Saw the documentary and enjoyed it quite a lot. Yes, it's biased... THANKFULLY!

As someone who has been to Athens more than once, and who knows personally quite a few of those interviewed, I can only say thier opinions and posture reflects 100% what they stand for. Cheers to you Hellas brothers!!

As Rumblefist stated earlier, our Portuguese scene was very similar to the Greek. So it was also a very refreshing thing seeing how passionate, young and raw the metalheads were in the 80's, and how deep-engraving those "teachings" were to some of them, which made the passion last to this very day...

I would have given an A+ for the passion this documentary transpires!
anthares

Post by anthares »

Well made document! Cheers!
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

This movie "Hooligans" they're talking about at the beginning, is this a greek one?

Looks quite interesting. :D

@Topic

Nice documentation, great footage and interesting stories.
Need to watch it once again in its entirety.