Elect the best OMEN album

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Their best effort

Battle Cry
58%
Warning of Danger
29%
The Curse
10%
Nightmares
No votes
Escape To Nowhere
2%
Reopening The Gates
No votes

Total votes: 48

Kostello

Post by Kostello »

I voted for "The Curse", it may have the worst song of the Kimball-era (Bounty Hunter), but the more Power Metal direction does it every time for me, the s/t track, At all Cost, Teeth of the Hydra, Destiny, Eye of the Storm....
msp

Post by msp »

Battle Cry for me.

Kerrang has always been a shit rag following the latest trend. For example, they hated Slayer back in the day only to change their tune when they got popular. Having betrayed metal along with the other mags in the UK in the 90's they then featured hip hop bands and even put Techno act The Prodigy on the cover. Cunts.
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Kostas_Kailiazis wrote:the worst song of the Kimball-era (Bounty Hunter)
What?

It's not that bad...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

Who voted for escape to nowhere? ^^
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
Bane

Post by Bane »

It's a toss up between Battle Cry and Warning. Battle Cry was my favourite for years but I've found myself listening (and appreciating) Warning of Danger more and more over the past couple of years. It's like comparing one 10/10 album with another 10/10 album.
Keir

Post by Keir »

My first exposure to Omen was around '89 when I bought the Best Of Metal Blade Vol. 1. At the time I had never heard of most of the bands on there, but I listened to that tape over and over. My favorite tracks were the 2 Fates Warning tracks ("The Apparition" and "Damnation" - before then I was only familiar with the Ray Alder material) and the 2 Omen tracks ("Death Rider" and "Ruby Eyes"). To this day those are some of my favorite songs of all time.

I also remember hearing Omen's cover of "Radar Love" on one of the local metal radio shows (Nasty Habits on WERS) at around the same time, but obviously it did nothing to turn me onto the band.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Keir wrote:My first exposure to Omen was around '89 when I bought the Best Of Metal Blade Vol. 1. At the time I had never heard of most of the bands on there, but I listened to that tape over and over. My favorite tracks were the 2 Fates Warning tracks ("The Apparition" and "Damnation" - before then I was only familiar with the Ray Alder material) and the 2 Omen tracks ("Death Rider" and "Ruby Eyes"). To this day those are some of my favorite songs of all time.

I also remember hearing Omen's cover of "Radar Love" on one of the local metal radio shows (Nasty Habits on WERS) at around the same time, but obviously it did nothing to turn me onto the band.
Interesting that you first heard them on a comp. I think that's the case for many in our age group, that first exposure to many bands was through compilations. The first Omen track I heard was Torture Me from the Ten Commandments... sampler and though it's not my definite Omen favourite, it's up there for sure.
Mordred wrote:Escape to Nowhere and Reopening the Gates are both terrible, terrible albums in different ways.
To me, one "terrible" would be enough :wink: . I'm sure I can find some redeeming quality for both if I listen to them a bit. Don't really want to though.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

msp wrote:Kerrang has always been a shit rag following the latest trend. For example, they hated Slayer back in the day only to change their tune when they got popular.
A bit before they got popular. Dave Dickson trashed Show No Mercy, but Geoff Barton (who supported Venom right from the start) gave Hell Awaits all five Ks. Kerrang! wasn't a hive mind.

Still can't figure out why Xavier Russell thought War & Pain was terrible but loved RRRÖÖÖAAARRR tho'.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Ra Pariah

Post by Ra Pariah »

Battle Cry is one of my three favorite metal albums.
All through the night steel by your side
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

What are the 2 others?

Ra Pariah

Post by Ra Pariah »

"Into Glory Ride" & "Deliver Us"! Do you like them? :P :P
All through the night steel by your side
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

:lol: :lol:
mordred

Post by mordred »

J.K. wrote:Who voted for escape to nowhere? ^^
I did - by accident. :oops:
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

Ra Pariah wrote:"Into Glory Ride" & "Deliver Us"! Do you like them? :P :P
I don't know "deliver us", which band?

And of course I like into glory ride :wink:

Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

These are the results if you listen to black metal :P