What 80´s demotapes would you like to see on vinyl?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
revenge

Post by revenge »

msp wrote:
Herkus Monte wrote:Necrofago - Brutal Mutilation
This is going to be coming out on NWN this year
Offical or? I have heard from so many sources that they release "bootleg" stuff, for example the Masters Hammer and the Nifelheim releases.
Let us welcome the Bringer of the End with open arms, let us adorn the gates to nothingness with blood. Let us lay its enemies like palm leaves upon the path on which the Lord is coming in glory...
revenge

Post by revenge »

revenge wrote:
msp wrote:
Offical or? I have heard from so many sources that they release "bootleg" stuff, for example the Masters Hammer and the Nifelheim releases.[/quote wrote:
Okey, so now I quote myself... but anyway, Just for the record I personally don´t give a fuck if they are bootlegs or not, If the bands don´t have any sense to make them available then it´s their lost ... I just want them on vinyl.
Let us welcome the Bringer of the End with open arms, let us adorn the gates to nothingness with blood. Let us lay its enemies like palm leaves upon the path on which the Lord is coming in glory...
msp

Post by msp »

revenge wrote:
revenge wrote:
msp wrote:
Well here is what was stated at NWN:
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I don't know why but I was never a fan of demos reissued on vinyl. In any case I think they should be done in exceptional cases like Hellhammer or maybe Max Planck. But lately I think it's being overdone and even new bands re-release their demo on vinyl right away which is kinda silly for me. Not to mention bands like Nunslaughter who release fucking rehearsals on vinyl :roll:
mordred

Post by mordred »

None.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

revenge wrote:I personally don´t give a fuck if they are bootlegs or not, If the bands don´t have any sense to make them available then it´s their lost ... I just want them on vinyl.
You know, this is the perfect excuse to crank bootlegs. The sad thing is, I've heard it from more than one, otherwise, legit labels...

Just a random though on this ever-amusing topic, carry on.
daniel

Post by daniel »

There is some slight difference between the band not being around to have an opinion or then flat out stating they have no interest in working on a reissue - in that case they could be involved in a release but don't even care about 'making any money' etc. - it may be unethical to release material then, but it's still UNDERSTANDABLE(yeah some people just look at the bootleggers making money, ok to be honest, I don't always care). There are legit releases as well where the bands have been far from happy anyway and though things are legal, you could morally term certain releases as bootlegs, no?
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Vaggelis wrote:Are you from Česko?
No, but I live fairly close.

As for NWN: I do have a few re-releases from them (Voor, Sarcasm, Death Yell, Damnation). All of them include biographies made by the bands themselves, wihich means band members did agree for those reissues and were co-operative at that. There might a few not-so-legit reissues around, but I don`t think those from NWN belong to them.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Everything is shades of gray in this, yes. There are many situations in which legit, ethical, and moral clash violently. Like for instance which is worse: to bootleg a release a band does not want to see out for whatever reasons, or to support a release from a label which has owned the copyrights for 20+ years, yet has never paid a dime to the band for it... as Axl sez, welcome to the jungle :lol:
From_the_Fjords

Post by From_the_Fjords »

the demo of:
Heathens rage (from a good source)
Warrior UK - live in a dive
No Quarter (NWOBHM band) demo + impossible to find 12"
Medieval (US) - demos
Glory Hunter - Italian band

... and a vinyl BOX with all the demo/unreleased tracks from SWEET SAVAGE UK (RIP Trev)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

Cochino wrote:I don't know why but I was never a fan of demos reissued on vinyl. In any case I think they should be done in exceptional cases like Hellhammer or maybe Max Planck. But lately I think it's being overdone and even new bands re-release their demo on vinyl right away which is kinda silly for me. Not to mention bands like Nunslaughter who release fucking rehearsals on vinyl :roll:
agreed. about demos reissued, maybe I'd prefer those on CD :shock: - somehow former tape material on vinyl does not feel right, however.

stuff like ACT/ AKT/ Verdict/ Zanity/ Master Massive/ ... ? and TEMPEST :!: should be reissued though. in both cases, a 2CD set would suit perfectly.
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
revenge

Post by revenge »

sagrotan wrote:
Cochino wrote:...about demos reissued, maybe I'd prefer those on CD
uhhhhh, the horror! I never prefer anything on CD, I´m not sure I would buy a CD if my life depended on it.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

sagrotan wrote:agreed. about demos reissued, maybe I'd prefer those on CD :shock: - somehow former tape material on vinyl does not feel right, however.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel. It feels like forced "cultness" or something like that.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

revenge wrote:
sagrotan wrote:
Cochino wrote:...about demos reissued, maybe I'd prefer those on CD
uhhhhh, the horror! I never prefer anything on CD, I´m not sure I would buy a CD if my life depended on it.
I prefer vinyl myself usually, by far. but about demos on vinyl I don't see the point - reissues of those are mostly compilations of several, due to length. and compiled stuff for me fits on CD better, for vinyl I feel different, can't explain properly.

I'd like to see more rare vinyl reissued on vinyl at least. and detesting CDs doesn't make anymore sense to me then preferring them over vinyl in any form. but discussions about this topic are legion, here and everywhere else.
Last edited by sagrotan on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Cochino wrote:
sagrotan wrote:agreed. about demos reissued, maybe I'd prefer those on CD :shock: - somehow former tape material on vinyl does not feel right, however.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel. It feels like forced "cultness" or something like that.
or a sound improvement,avoiding the tape to get fucked up while rewinding it