What 80´s demotapes would you like to see on vinyl?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Northwinds

Re: What 80´s demotapes would you like to see on vinyl?

Post by Northwinds »

Cirith Ungol's
Attachments
Screenshot_20210224-120253_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210224-120253_Samsung Internet.jpg (378.46 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
Decibel_Rebel

Post by Decibel_Rebel »

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I didn`t find a better one for that, so let's resurrect an old one:

In the recently released book "Heroes of the Metal Underground" by Alexandros Anesiadis and Yannis Skrapelos, there's a band featured called Oblivion from Pennsylvania, that released their s/t full length in 1989 only on tape in 100 copies, and apparently not a single copy ever sold online. And yes, there is next to no information to be found in the web, apart from some live clips on YT and a Metal Archives entry with a download link for the album:
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Oblivion/92280

I am wondering if some folks here have ever seen a physical copy of that or can provide any further information?

And to stick to the topic's header, yes I would like to see that album released on Vinyl with a decent sound! Since the authors of that book are Greek, there might be already something in the pipelines? Hello No Remorse and Sonic Age :D
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Decibel_Rebel wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:59 pm Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I didn`t find a better one for that, so let's resurrect an old one:

In the recently released book "Heroes of the Metal Underground" by Alexandros Anesiadis and Yannis Skrapelos, there's a band featured called Oblivion from Pennsylvania, that released their s/t full length in 1989 only on tape in 100 copies, and apparently not a single copy ever sold online. And yes, there is next to no information to be found in the web, apart from some live clips on YT and a Metal Archives entry with a download link for the album:
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Oblivion/92280

I am wondering if some folks here have ever seen a physical copy of that or can provide any further information?

And to stick to the topic's header, yes I would like to see that album released on Vinyl with a decent sound! Since the authors of that book are Greek, there might be already something in the pipelines? Hello No Remorse and Sonic Age :D
Also from MA:
"Additional notes:
A pro CD-R version of this recording was released by guitarist Bill Majoros sometime around 2003 and used to be available for purchase on his web page.
Recording information:
Recorded on Bill's four-track TASCAM tape recorder."

If it was only a 4 track recording a 'decent sound' may not be achievable, depending on how you define 'decent' of course.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Btw, why in Hell's Holy Fire haven't the UK Sabbat demos and radio sessions been properly reissued yet?! Too much Sneap/Valkyre drama? It's an epic bloody shame as I'd consider it one of the Golden Treasures of 80's Evil Steel. Just imganie a GOOD sounding version of "Blood For The Blood God" :shock: