Female Fronted Heavy Metal, 1976 - 1989 compilation

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Hellride Mike

Post by Hellride Mike »

The demo this is from never actually got finished and released, none the less and despite the keyboards, this is in my opinion definitely metal with female vocals courtesy of Monica "Midnight" Siao. The guitarist as Randy Chambers, considered kind of a whiz kid guitarist in Orange County at the time (He was 17 when they did this I think). The band played a few live shows and broke up before finishing the demo in 1988.

So, anyway maybe this would be a good addition to the comp:

Chambers - Night of the Warrior

http://www.mediafire.com/?d6ce9fengcwbdgx
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

i'll have to check out both the rosannas raiders and the chambers, thanks!
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Also Ya Ya Choral from Down Unda were female fronted though just 2 of their releases are Metal connected or let's say Heavy Rock.
"Grunts" & "A small step for mankind"

Nothing for your compilations but for female fronted Metal/Hard Rock collectors interesting but I don't like none of both records.
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Rosannas raiders and Ya-ya choral both have guitars, bass and drums. And that's where their similarities with heavy metal end. Ya-ya choral were particurarly bad as well.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

i have one of the YYC hard rock records (one small step)... a bit outside of the scope of this compilation, you're right. apparently their earlier stuff is in the more synth/art/industrial vein but i havent heard any of it
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Funny that NOONE did recognize XCITER by now.
The only post I can find (on this board) is my own one from yesterday, so I'm a bit confused. :lol:

The band recorded some songs featuring Lisa Furspanker on vocals (1979).

(This is the very first recording of George Lynch, whom I don't need to introduce anymore, I think.)
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Nasty Uwe wrote:Lisa Furspanker
Made-up name!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

ha ha, i'll have to check out those tracks

the credits on the george lynch anthology cd which is i guess the official reissue of this credits her real name as being lisa baker - did she do a solo 7" later on, or is the 7" i have in reference to these notes really the xciter tracks?
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

ION BRITTON wrote:Rosannas raiders and Ya-ya choral both have guitars, bass and drums. And that's where their similarities with heavy metal end. Ya-ya choral were particurarly bad as well.
Just say the truth, YYC are shit! They started as New Wave/Punk outfit but changed to the AC/DC influenced Heavy Rock. Rosanna's Raiders are by far heavier and more Metal related, somewhere between Heavy Rock/Melodic Metal and Hard Rock. Childhood's End aren't heavier than them. A totally overrated and overpriced record. When I heard it the very first time I was thankfully that I didn't pay money for it. A prefer Rosanna's Raiders compared to them. It's first class melodic stuff.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Obscure find!
Surely nothing for the Comp's but read the description:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270798356861?ss ... 1439.l2649

Has it's heavy moments! :wink:

And was Crystal Phoenix from Italy mentioned yet? Their LP from '89 has 2 Metal trax besides other crap, but that should qualify them imo, eh?
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

that DR stuff is pretty bizarre! cool find

crystal phoenix are already on the comp - definitely weird outsider vibe to them
morbidsodomizer

Santa Lucia

Post by morbidsodomizer »

Not sure if I saw on your compilations SANTA LUCIA.
Cehck it you! Really good Metal band from Finland...
Hey You HEAVY METAL Heroes!
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

yes, they're on there, need to find their 7"s
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I can provide these but on tape only:

Full Moon (GB) - ltd edition debut demo 1985 (same band as the s/t LP on Voices Of Wonder , but female fronted)
November Grief (Can) - To Live...In This World Of Chaos demo 1995 (awesome death metal)
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

i would be delighted to receive tapes! please let me know your paypal address so i can hit you up with some cash for postage and your time