Female Fronted Heavy Metal, 1976 - 1989 compilation

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

chatzial wrote:
LethylSteel wrote:Did you buy the Cronos Titan demo that was up on sdale at ebay this weekend? I couldn't bid coz I'm totally bankrupt for the rest of the week. I need all Cronos Titan demos but the band doesn't shares them anymore. I've ask then last year but they just say they won't share 'em.

New stuff that came in with female vocals but prohably not for your compilations but maybe you're interested anyway:
Non-Fiction (US/)”Don’t bet your love” 7”EP 82
(AOR/Hard Rock - 1 nice heavy track, the other one is garbage)

Valiant (US)”Never ending scheme of love/Don’t ever change” 7”EP 80
(awesome partly epic Hard Rock/early Metal with mystic keyboards and AORish touch)
I am not sure that Valiant has female vocals. At the backsleeve, the names of the members are Chris, Nino, Martin, Tommy and Artie.
Chris can also be a girls name (common nickname among girls named Christy or Christina), band photo would help here.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Warepire wrote:
chatzial wrote:
LethylSteel wrote:Did you buy the Cronos Titan demo that was up on sdale at ebay this weekend? I couldn't bid coz I'm totally bankrupt for the rest of the week. I need all Cronos Titan demos but the band doesn't shares them anymore. I've ask then last year but they just say they won't share 'em.

New stuff that came in with female vocals but prohably not for your compilations but maybe you're interested anyway:

(awesome partly epic Hard Rock/early Metal with mystic keyboards and AORish touch)
I am not sure that Valiant has female vocals. At the backsleeve, the names of the members are Chris, Nino, Martin, Tommy and Artie.
Chris can also be a girls name (common nickname among girls named Christy or Christina), band photo would help here.
I had the same thought with you, that's why i said that i am not sure.
The problem is that the picture sleeve does not have a band photo and even though i searched, i can't find any info about this single.
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

khiijol wrote:yeah the cover doesnt exactly scream out "metal" to me. the 7" previous to the LP i heard was pretty bland. i heard 60 copies, but either is plausible?
I never heard the 7" myself but i heard that it's much better than the LP !?
60 copies is not plausible at all, 200 eventually.

Eventually it's a similar history like DARK KNIGHT ?
200 where pressed, 60 where sold back in the 80ies and some years ago somebody fount the 140 resting copies ??? Who knows ?
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

chatzial wrote:

I got the 7" without PS very cheap but judging by the vocals it's a chick singing. No doubt about that.

Btw, what about Gash? Aussie HC/Punk/Metal band lead by 2 chicks and the drummer being Smeer of Depression. The 2 LP's could be of interest. They had a Split LP and 2 7inches too but I think the 2 LP's on Cleopatra Records deliver nice Punk Metal while "Positive change" is the one you should start with. I don't think it's up in the www yet but though it's rare, the prices are more than human. Maybe you have an eye on this. A 7" can be found on blogs but the LP's are a bit more Metal influenced.
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

gash are on the punk one, disc 8:

http://kangnave.blogspot.com/2010/02/re ... ck_11.html

thats the only track i've heard of theirs, but would be curious about more metallish crossover stuff. theres not too much of that on here and that kind of surprised me doing this... perhaps i should go deeper into the punk one and look into later respective records?
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Try to get the Nazgul MLP from New Zealand! It's fuckin rare but cheap! Noone knows this except of some HC/Punk collectors. Got my copy for just 9,99 $!!! Extreme HC style with Blast beats and some Venom influences! But the chick suxx! The growler (2nd male singer) fits better!
Also Nog Wat from the Netherlands are good. Somewhere reminding me to early Sacrilege...
Hellride Mike

Post by Hellride Mike »

Try Brain Death - Personnel Affair 7" from the Japanese hardcore scene...great metallic ripping hardcore with a female out front...

you can check it out here:

http://7inchcrust.blogspot.com/2007/05/ ... air-7.html
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Seconding the Brain Death & Nog Watt recommendations.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

nazgul good demons is a killer record, but like the nog watt and brain death, falls too far on the side of the hc fence. thanks for the suggestions though, all three are killer bands! hadnt heard the brain death before, the vocalist sounds a lot like the comes

sort of big update coming soon (files uploading currently), check the blog in about an hour or so
The Coffins Slave

Post by The Coffins Slave »

Gday mate, Is there a way I can get these comps from you? I'm really interested in hearing them.. I looked at your blog and the links dont seem to work.. I'm shit on the computer so its probably my fault haha

Cheers

Hushy.
When you have been down in your grave, Alive, Your mind decays and you're THE COFFINS SLAVE!

www.thecoffinsslave.com

NWOBHM | THRASH | DEATH | BLACK | DOOM | ROCK | Distribution Australia.
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

try again now, links should be current and reflect the new version
The Coffins Slave

Post by The Coffins Slave »

Ah thanks a lot man!
When you have been down in your grave, Alive, Your mind decays and you're THE COFFINS SLAVE!

www.thecoffinsslave.com

NWOBHM | THRASH | DEATH | BLACK | DOOM | ROCK | Distribution Australia.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Do you have this:
Las Brujas (Arg)"Me Llaman La Loca" Cass-LP 1989

And then there's an US band with 2 LP's (but I don't 'em) that's female fronted called:
Lightning Rose

You need to find out yourself if they are Metal enough. When I see their records at ebay one calls them Hard Rock, other ones call them Metal. Since I know there's a chick on vocals I'm not in the mood to spend much cash for both LP's. (They always go for 40-50 $ +) Maybe you are... :lol:
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

the las brujas is a top want for me.. i was able to find mp3s but at a low bitrate which unfortunately sound really trebbly and compressed :( i love the song "las brujas existen" which is the best breaking the law ripoff! really good vibe and tone, a real gem in my opinion. i found some argentinian distro that claimed to have a copy in stock but when i emailed them they responded like 4 months later with "sorry we dont have an original but we'll sell you a cd-r for $20" or something equally ridiculous... i didnt take the gamble as i just assumed they'd ship me a cd-r with the same mp3s i downloaded

will be on the lookout for lightning rose... also not really willing to drop $50 to test if a band is HR or HM but might be able to score a copy locally if they're a us band

also what is the name of that DDR comp that tequila was on? was it from vinyl or just a studio track that was put together with other DDR bands retrospectively?
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

khiijol wrote: also what is the name of that DDR comp that tequila was on? was it from vinyl or just a studio track that was put together with other DDR bands retrospectively?
Tequila track wasn't taken from any Compilation. The Charly track is taken from Rock Bilanz '89 DLP. Tequila was recorded from a weekly radio show.

I've just recieved something interesting for you, "Pure Rock - 10 Best from the West" Comp-LP 1987. There's a track of Steelmaster featured, Female fronted, almost (melodic) Power Metal alike sounding, killer track and she's got a rude voice!