Bands That Ruled! ...& Then Sucked!!!

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Forte

Post by Forte »

The Sentinel wrote:The best example must be ANVIL. The first 3 albums are pure gold especially Metal on Metal and Forged in Fire. After that it's over :cry:
Hard 'n' Heavy is quite mediocre in my opinion Strength of Steel is quite shitty but I thought Pound for Pound was pretty awesome.
mordred

Post by mordred »

I find a lot of statements I don't agree with here. Too much to mention, but I gotta defend Destruction's "Cracked Brain". It rules, period.

And ANVIL... Strength of Steel is killer, and mind you, they still release quite decent metal albums to this day.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:My motto has since long been: Albums are immortal - bands are not.

"Artists" are for the most part a shady bunch that simply can't be trusted :evil:
Right that.It is true!!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

mordred wrote: And ANVIL... Strength of Steel is killer, and mind you, they still release quite decent metal albums to this day.
I agree with you, though they're not masterpieces, ANVIL recent releases are enjoyable.

Check their live album"Past & Present" live, it's imo one of the best live album ever released !! What a drum solo :shock: :shock: !!!
Robb Reiner is god !!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

These albums are indeed not bad but compared to "Metal on Metal" they're nothing IMO
Long Live The Loud !!!
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

The Sentinel wrote:These albums are indeed not bad but compared to "Metal on Metal" they're nothing IMO
FORGED IN FIRE is their Masterpiece!!!
We praise the blood that metal brings
mordred

Post by mordred »

To make a contribution I must mention TROUBLE. Their first two LP's are monumental, timeless, colossal and titanic doom metal of the very highest order. Placed beside those, the 3rd "Run to the Light" is kind of shallow, weak and lifeless. And after that, they resorted to playing happy-go-lucky hard rock for all the elderly men down at the local pub. Very fucking gay.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Levi

Post by Levi »

mordred wrote:To make a contribution I must mention TROUBLE. Their first two LP's are monumental, timeless, colossal and titanic doom metal of the very highest order. Placed beside those, the 3rd "Run to the Light" is kind of shallow, weak and lifeless. And after that, they resorted to playing happy-go-lucky hard rock for all the elderly men down at the local pub. Very fucking gay.
I agree with you on Run to the Light, but I strongly disagree when it comes to to follow-up, the selftitled album from '90. Different, but really heavy & good stuff if you ask me.
Patrik_D

Post by Patrik_D »

The Sentinel wrote:The best example must be ANVIL. The first 3 albums are pure gold especially Metal on Metal and Forged in Fire. After that it's over :cry:
I totally disagree. The only weak album Anvil have put out is Worth The Weight.
I SENTENCE YOU TO DEATH....

BY GUILLOTINE
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

WORTH THE WEIGHT WAS ONE OF THEIR THREE BEST ALBUMS! I love that album pure Speed Metal. Infanticide is one of their all time best songs. Speaking of their newer stuff Plenty of Power is probably my favourite. It's all good but lacks something.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Patrik_D

Post by Patrik_D »

Nightlock wrote:WORTH THE WEIGHT WAS ONE OF THEIR THREE BEST ALBUMS! I love that album pure Speed Metal. Infanticide is one of their all time best songs. Speaking of their newer stuff Plenty of Power is probably my favourite. It's all good but lacks something.
If I have to rank all Anvil albums(which is a very hard thing for me to do)it would be something like this;

Forged In Fire
Metal On Metal
Strength Of Steel
Pound For Pound
Hard 'N' Heavy
Absolutely No Alternative
Still Going Strong
Plenty Of Power
Back To Basics
Speed Of Sound
Plugged In Permanent
Worth The Weight

In no fucking way this list is 100& definitive but it's what I feel right now. Anvil is my favourite band and when I called Worth The Weight their only weak album I probably should have said their weakest, Anvil is always Anvil you know. Totally uncompromising Pure Metal...

The Anvil truly has proved that it was FORGED IN FIRE!!!!!
I SENTENCE YOU TO DEATH....

BY GUILLOTINE
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Fimbul wrote:
Nightlock wrote:WORTH THE WEIGHT WAS ONE OF THEIR THREE BEST ALBUMS! I love that album pure Speed Metal. Infanticide is one of their all time best songs. Speaking of their newer stuff Plenty of Power is probably my favourite. It's all good but lacks something.
If I have to rank all Anvil albums(which is a very hard thing for me to do)it would be something like this;

Forged In Fire
Metal On Metal
Strength Of Steel
Pound For Pound
Hard 'N' Heavy
Still Going Strong
Plenty Of Power
Back To Basics
Speed Of Sound
Plugged In Permanent
Worth The Weight

In no fucking way this list is 100& definitive but it's what I feel right now. Anvil is my favourite band and when I called Worth The Weight their only weak album I probably should have said their weakest, Anvil is always Anvil you know. Totally uncompromising Pure Metal...

The Anvil truly has proved that it was FORGED IN FIRE!!!!!
I'm still missing Still Going Strong and Plugged In Permanent so I can't comment on those two. Here's probably my best-worst list:

Metal on Metal
Forged in Fire
Worth the Weight
Hard 'n' Heavy
Plenty of Power
Pound for Pound
Strength of Steel
Back To Basics
Speed Of Sound
"On your knees
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Forged In Fire is where it all came together and in my opinion its their best album. Shadow Zone, Never Deceive Me are great songs and my favourite Anvil track Free As The Wind is an underrated metal anthem. Cheap to buy and widely avaliable the way it should be!
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Fucking true! And not to forget the epic FUTURE WARS and the speed ripper WINGED ASSASSINS. Total KULT one of my alltime faves!
We praise the blood that metal brings
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Free As The Wind is amazing I'll agree but Metal on Metal is a much more consistent album as a whole Stop Me is one of my all time favourite ballads (I'll probably get some disagreements here it's not widely liked) and way better than Never Deceive Me.
"On your knees