Drummer-Lead Vocalist

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Vaggelis

Drummer-Lead Vocalist

Post by Vaggelis »

Just wandering what are the old bands that had for lead vocalist drummer.(Only lead vocals not backing vocals).It is extremely difficult you know and hold also the rhythm with your drums.

I only know of two old metal bands.

1)Dan Beehler(EXCITER)
2)Kurt Rumpf(U8 only in the ''Pegasus 1001'')

do you know of anyone more?
mordred

Post by mordred »

Barry Stern sang lead vocals in Zoetrope I believe.

Styrbjörn Wahlquist of Heavy Load sang lead vocals, but only on the songs he wrote. Three members of HL shared lead vocal duties. He sang one song on Metal Conquest, two songs on Death or Glory, two songs on Stronger Than Evil + the single B side "Trespasser". He also sang lead on his songs when they played live.

And of course there's also Jürgen "Ventor" Reil of Kreator. He sang half of Endless Pain and three songs on Pleasure to Kill before Mille Petrozza took over all lead vocals permanently. I have seen Ventor sing "Riot of Violence" live with Kreator at two occasions.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

REX VECTOR's drummer had also the vocal duties
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Paul Evo of Warfare! :twisted:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

More of a "proto-Metal" band i suppose, but very Heavy for the early '70's, John Garner was the singer & sticksman for New Jersey's SIR LORD BALTIMORE.
They released two albums, 1970's untouchable "Kingdom Come", and the not-quite-as-awesome-but-still-pretty-good "Sir Lord Baltimore" in 1971 before fading from view.
It's amazing to think that there's only one person responsible for both the Bill Ward inspired dervish drum fills and the OTT hystrionic ululating Robert Plant inspired incantations that passed for vocals.
A third album surfaced a few years ago, but "III:Raw", isn't a patch on the original records.
For the uninitiated, try the title track from "Kingdom Come" and sit there agog at Garner's skills in both areas whilst marvelling at the fuzziest fuzz tones ever heard.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

On heavier Death/Thrash side :

King Fowley
Mike Browning

Also I posted video of COURT JESTER.whose drummer also vocalist.
pzman

Post by pzman »

M-A says the lead vocals of Infernäl Mäjesty - None Shall Defy were performed by the drummer Rick Nemes
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

pzman wrote:M-A says the lead vocals of Infernäl Mäjesty - None Shall Defy were performed by the drummer Rick Nemes
huh :?:
GJ

Post by GJ »

Didn't Carl Canedy of The Rods share the lead vocal spot with the Rock & Gary B ? But at HOA 2009 I can't remember him doing any lead vocals... I was busy headbanging at the time so I may have missed a thing or two.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

GJ wrote:Didn't Carl Canedy of The Rods share the lead vocal spot with the Rock & Gary B ? But at HOA 2009 I can't remember him doing any lead vocals... I was busy headbanging at the time so I may have missed a thing or two.
You probably missed more if you don't remember who did the vocals :D
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
mordred

Post by mordred »

Messiah Marcolin on MERCY "Witchburner"! :D
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
George

Post by George »

Chris Reifert from Autopsy.
I think that Bill Ward sang one song from Technical Ecstasy called It's Allright.
Very bad... :?
My Mother, she told me off today and so I killed her.
But not really, she is still alive inside my head .
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

George wrote:I think that Bill Ward sang one song from Technical Ecstasy called It's Allright.
Very bad... :?
And another one song on Never Say Die. He also recorded some solo albums, but I don't know if he ever performed vocals and drummed at the same time.

I don't think he was that bad. It just didn't fit on the Sabbath albums, nor was the music that good on those albums.
George

Post by George »

I think I saw a live video performing this song live.
I didn't knew he sang on Never Say Die too.
I agree that the music on those two albus is very average for the Sabbath stats. But I don't know, there is something is his voice that I dislike.
That my opinion of course... :wink:
George

Post by George »

Oh and I forgot Joel Green, -ex drumer/lead vocalist of Armoured Angel from 1987-1995.