Metal shirts you would love

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I would love to have that Acrophet shirt which one of their members wear on the band pic at the back cover of Faded Glory LP.
humus

Post by humus »

wicked keeper wrote:There are many great Metal shirts both actual and potentially , but right now ,I seriously hope that Aria release a t-shirt of this :
I'd never buy that one. I hate shirts that are too 'crowded' and colourfull. The best shirts in my opinion just have the band logo on them. And preferably white shirts. I have +- 70 bandshirts and it's probably been a month since I last wore one. Plain white, gray and black shirts is all a man needs!
This being said, I forgot the shirt that I want the most: ANY official Nifelheim shirt. I know there's bootlegs on ebay and the net but I prefer not to support those greedy bootleggers. I'm doomed when it comes to Nifelheim records and shirts, not to mention seeing Nifelheim live. Always something getting in the way of everything Nifelheim-related.
JuhaL

Post by JuhaL »

True story: I bought Slayer: Slaytanic Wehrmacht/European campaign college shirt in 1991 i guess, and have worn it regularly since then. And it look's perfect
still today, thinking what the hell's it made of as it doesn't seem to wear out. And they said i'd stop listening to that crap in no time... Shit, i even wear the same shirts today!
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

humus wrote:
wicked keeper wrote:There are many great Metal shirts both actual and potentially , but right now ,I seriously hope that Aria release a t-shirt of this :
I'd never buy that one. I hate shirts that are too 'crowded' and colourfull. The best shirts in my opinion just have the band logo on them. And preferably white shirts. I have +- 70 bandshirts and it's probably been a month since I last wore one. Plain white, gray and black shirts is all a man needs!
This being said, I forgot the shirt that I want the most: ANY official Nifelheim shirt. I know there's bootlegs on ebay and the net but I prefer not to support those greedy bootleggers. I'm doomed when it comes to Nifelheim records and shirts, not to mention seeing Nifelheim live. Always something getting in the way of everything Nifelheim-related.
I totally agree! All the ARIA shirts I have seen are more or less ugly, with ONE exception: one that Tyrant of Nifelheim wears on some pic.

As for Nifelheim shirts, as far as I've understood ALL their shirts (except for the album-cover shirts) are printed by themselves in minimal editions. I've got a quite rare one myself, bought by the band some years ago. The original "Servants of darkness" inside cover motive shirt was on ebay recently, incredibly evil. What was different from the bootleg version was basically a couple of mystic signs in some ancient language (these symbols are rather frequently used in today's BM scene but NIFELHEIM did it in 1999).

I have to add that I don't think Nifelheim will be able to match "Servants of darkness". I hope I'm wrong.
Fun records
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

Well, the orginal Necrovore demo shirts would be great to have. The old Iron Maiden tour shirts (1982-1987) is also very nice. The Grotesque demo shirt with the castle, that one is awesome. I feel like the Incantation LP would be awesome with that album cover, even though the orginal cover is classic. Well, back to t-shirts. Adn I can just emagine the old white demo shirts with bands like Root and Amon. The US Amon demo shirt is awesome to.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
ancient tyranny

Post by ancient tyranny »

A shirt with the cover of the "Metal Deadness" LP would rule, I think I´ve to made a bootleg shirt of this one day.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

@ Dirty Rocker : amazing T-Shirts !!! Are they still available ?
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

omen of hate wrote:@ Dirty Rocker : amazing T-Shirts !!! Are they still available ?
It's front and back on one shirt. I'm pretty sure it's a original from the 80's, so it hasn't been available since then I'm afraid. :(
You can check some awesome t-shirts on http://www.texasmetalunderground.com, in the gallery. It's from his personal collection. Nothing is for sale though. Killer website between! You can read alot about Militia and Wyzard and other obscure metal from 80's Texas.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Thanks for the info, killer website indeed !!
humus

Post by humus »

ancient tyranny wrote:A shirt with the cover of the "Metal Deadness" LP would rule, I think I´ve to made a bootleg shirt of this one day.
I know the guy who made the artwork (later he released Poison, Ancient rites, Pentacle,...on his label Midian creations). I'm pretty sure if you ask him he will give you permission to use it.
ancient tyranny

Post by ancient tyranny »

humus wrote:
ancient tyranny wrote:A shirt with the cover of the "Metal Deadness" LP would rule, I think I´ve to made a bootleg shirt of this one day.
I know the guy who made the artwork (later he released Poison, Ancient rites, Pentacle,...on his label Midian creations). I'm pretty sure if you ask him he will give you permission to use it.
Thanks for the info
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Yup..those t-shirts from texasmetalunderground is fucking killer...too bad he doesnt copy/sell them :x I'd pay 100000$ for a Militia or a Wyzard t-shirt..

METAL AXE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Without evil there could be no good so it must be good to be evil sometimes.
DeathLörd

Post by DeathLörd »

When NIFELHEIM "Servants of Darkness" was first released on LP there was an order form as part of the insert. There were pins, patches and 2 t-shirt designs. I ordered one of everything except for one of the 2 t-shirts. (I just couldn't afford it all at the time.) Anyways, I am still searching for that shirt! I saw it on eBay twice over the years and was of course always outbid by the millionaires that seem to win everything....
Also, when I was at the Party San Festival in Germany last year NIFELHEIM played and had merch available. Most of it was t-shirts from the earlier Finnish tour and the UK show. I bought one of every design there too! Official NIFELHEIM merch is so rare that you have to buy what you see as soon as you have the chance!
This reminds me, while in Gothenburg Sweden years ago I bought a killer Necrolord designed NIFELHEIM t-shirt at Dolores/Black Sun Records! I heard that they are no longer around though....
Did anyone ever see that NIFELHEIM logo belt buckle that was made?? Hellbutcher has one and I accidently saw it on Tradera (Swedish auction site) once!!

Anyways, back on topic: These days I'd like an old DEATH SS shirt. I once saw someone with "The Story of DEATH SS" shirt that looked so KILLER! I would also like a MORTUARY DRAPE shirt but when my friend ordered one from the band it took almost a year for it to arrive!
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

DeathLörd wrote: I would also like a MORTUARY DRAPE shirt but when my friend ordered one from the band it took almost a year for it to arrive!
This band doesn't deserve any support anymore, so that's not a big loss IMO. I sold one on eBay last year, among other stuff, and I'm glad not having anything related with this band here. walter is just a wannabe rock-star that has anything to do with underground Metal anymore, except with the fact that his sales now doesn't go beyond his own circle of italian fans and a few foreigners. If anyone wants the full story, send me a PM!
Gott ist tot.