Underestimated German 80's Scene?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

DaN wrote:
mustardgasattack wrote:I would like to state that i have gotten blackout drunk listening to the 2nd Railway LP many times. Commercial? Yes. Cheesy? Yes. Who cares......."Lick It, Stick It" is sleazy and fun!!
:lol:
That's it - I'm off checking the blogs right now...
Almost pissed myself laughing to mustardgasattack's post. I'm revisiting the album NOW.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Just listened to the first STEELER album. Not very original, but still killer heavy metal.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Khnud wrote:Just listened to the first STEELER album. Not very original, but still killer heavy metal.
Yeah that's a good one. Their later albums weren't bad at all but the debut is my favourite.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
hload

Post by hload »

Khnud wrote:Just listened to the first STEELER album. Not very original, but still killer heavy metal.

yes, it was only released on 1984 not 1948...
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

don't wanna be no wise-ass here but why do i get the imression that everyone tries to lay down as much german bands as he can and label them as underrated.................

....and Air Wolf's "Victory Bell's" should be the fourth Running Wild lp? Oh, come on..............
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

DaN wrote:
mustardgasattack wrote:I would like to state that i have gotten blackout drunk listening to the 2nd Railway LP many times. Commercial? Yes. Cheesy? Yes. Who cares......."Lick It, Stick It" is sleazy and fun!!
Railway kick ass. Nothing wrong with that band in my opinion.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

I recently got a link to a FORMEL 1 video from 1984 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U3EDJys7Q4 ), maybe from here, and I was a bit disappointed. On this video the band looks more like a mainstream pop band, with some hints of Schlager, cruelly lacking dynamics both on music and attitude, notwithstanding the lame and so harmless lyrics. That's bad because the song is solid by itself.

One can't blame the communist pressure to be the cause of such a huge harmfulness since there were more "deviant" bands in the Eastern Block back then, even in Russia itself and even in 1984, for example OBLACHNIJ KRAJ.
Gott ist tot.
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

This question is a bit off topic, but i have to ask though:

Who did listen to the last NOISEHUNTER cd and can tell something about it?
Is it as good as their cult material from the glory days, or rather some kind of "modern metal"?

@ Mr Nuke (Great nickname :D )

Yes, this FORMEL 1 song is quite "weak" compared to their later and more metallic material, but I like though (for some reason, maybe nostalgia etc.).
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

Yeah, this song isn't that bad in itself, and may have been a great one with more energy put into it (and better lyrics, too). I'll try to check the later material then, since I'm curious about them since ages,

(And thanks for the compliment about my nickname, eh eh!)
Gott ist tot.
DeathStrike Kömmander

Post by DeathStrike Kömmander »

I think it's a great song, I agree with Nasty Uwe, it's a bit weak compared to Heavy Metal or Der Weg Nach Oben, but i really like it; in fact I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to get the compilation where it's included, because only I have Live Im Stahlwerk.
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

The Erlking wrote:
DaN wrote:
Almost pissed myself laughing to mustardgasattack's post. I'm revisiting the album NOW.
The best songs of RAILWAY are very fun, absolute fist pumping jumping around the room stuff
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Did anyone ever hear of WERWOLF?

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Werwolf/99722

Sure, release date says 1991, but since the band has started in 1981 I thought it would fit to this thread.
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Nasty Uwe wrote:Did anyone ever hear of WERWOLF?

Sure, release date says 1991, but since the band has started in 1981 I thought it would fit to this thread.
I've never heard the band before. Got a rip of the demo?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Avenger wrote:
Nasty Uwe wrote:Did anyone ever hear of WERWOLF?

I've never heard the band before. Got a rip of the demo?
No. :cry:
But I'm also very much interested in hearing this band.
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
mordred

Post by mordred »

Nasty Uwe wrote:This question is a bit off topic, but i have to ask though:

Who did listen to the last NOISEHUNTER cd and can tell something about it?
Is it as good as their cult material from the glory days, or rather some kind of "modern metal"?
You mean the "Rock Shower" cd? Basically the title song is good but the rest is completely forgettable save a couple of decent songs. From my recollection it's more of a melodic commercial hard rock/metal direction than any sort of "modern metal".
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D