Blind Assassin

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
nightsblood

Blind Assassin

Post by nightsblood »

Anyone know much about these guys? I've never heard of 'em, but their demo from 1986 got posted on several blogs this week. Really good stuff; sounds like War Cry, Enforcer (Chicago), Witchslayer, and other bands with that 'Metal Massacre 4' sound. The MA page is pretty basic.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
DaN
Administructor

Re: Blind Assassin

Post by DaN »

nightsblood wrote:...that 'Metal Massacre 4' sound
Wohoo! My fave nongenre! :D
Bloglink?
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Don't you just love google:

http://lockjaw-yappy.blogspot.com/2010/ ... 86-us.html

And while waiting for the download: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjIhPkVec6c

Indeed fitting of the MMIV sound.
And awesome music! Information seems very limited indeed. I'll keep on it.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

WoW !!! This band is Awesome !!! Pure TALENT!!!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Sorry I forgot to post the link :oops: It's available on both Lockjaw and Strappado's blog

Yeah, the youtube link was about the only other thing I found with a quick google search

Gotta love that MM4 style- great 'nongenre' indeed! :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Quite heavy and ultra-killer vocals, cool discovery. They remind me on the dutch band VALKYRIE, lyric- and musicwise.
Last edited by Sgt. Kuntz on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
borrel

Post by borrel »

Valkyrie !!! That brings back memories. I used to hang out with these guys.Their singer Eric Smits live 2 doors down from me and they used to practice in his father's garage.Used to have loads of copies of their Deeds Of Prowess demo and gave them all away :( Nowadays he is the bass player in a prog band called Casual Silence (and also my son's teacher, small world indeed)
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

borrel wrote:Valkyrie !!! That brings back memories. I used to hang out with these guys.Their singer Eric Smits live 2 doors down from me and they used to practice in his father's garage.Used to have loads of copies of their Deeds Of Prowess demo and gave them all away :( Nowadays he is the bass player in a prog band called Casual Silence (and also my son's teacher, small world indeed)
Deeds of Prowess is a masterpiece. Do you still have contact with the singer? It would be great to re-release that demo.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

The Sentinel wrote:
borrel wrote:Valkyrie !!! That brings back memories. I used to hang out with these guys.Their singer Eric Smits live 2 doors down from me and they used to practice in his father's garage.Used to have loads of copies of their Deeds Of Prowess demo and gave them all away :( Nowadays he is the bass player in a prog band called Casual Silence (and also my son's teacher, small world indeed)
Deeds of Prowess is a masterpiece. Do you still have contact with the singer? It would be great to re-release that demo.
If not, Ed Warby is very easy to track down. :lol:

Must say, Valkyrie wasn't the first thing to come to mind when I heard the songs.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

nightsblood wrote:Gotta love that MM4 style- great 'nongenre' indeed! :)
Actually I'd say this has more of an 'Iron Tyrants vol 1' sound, but why be nitpicky? :P

This is seriously excellent shit though! I get the VALKYRIE-comparison (and yes, they too MUST get properly released soon..) but mainly coz both bands have a hefty Manowar-influence. "Put to the sword" even reminded me of Candlemass, but that's probably more a case of shared influences than a direct link.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Dan- I get a Nemesis-early Candlemass vibe from that track too.
-Becky
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Fucking amazing! I downloaded it on the very first day it was up since it was a demo from my wantlist for quite a long time and...BLAM it fucking blew me away. The track 'Assassin' destroys without mercy. Needless to say that I've started working on the lyrics
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

discovery of the weekend...these guys have all kinds of heavy riffing, when they slow down between songs its a headbanging fest right there...and the vocals! loving the sometimes out of tune screams that fit perfectly into the music
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Mighty. Thanks, Blaxe.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Ra Pariah

Post by Ra Pariah »

"Assassin" is a legendary track!

I'd like also to note that the u-n-b-e-l-i-e-v-a-b-l-e music at the 03:50 and forward is among the most epic moments in metal history. Check also the following track from the Greek epic metallers, especially between 05:45-07:15..

Battleroar "The Wrathforge"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHMK-wS1CEg
All through the night steel by your side