Obscure Czech Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Maxim

Re: Obscure Czech Metal

Post by Maxim »

Anyone heard Terror? A demo compilation has been released in 2016 in a very limited amount so naturally missed it. Supposedly late '80s - early '90s black/thrash in traditional Czech vein.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

You missed nothing here. Midpaced Thrash, but nothing special. The speed is missing. On the later demos (93-96) they turned more into Death Metal. But same speed problem on the 93er tape.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Maxim

Post by Maxim »

Well, good to know :)
Maxim

Post by Maxim »

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Maxim wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:05 pm
Simply fantastic! Esp. the "A-side". That channel manages to dig up some amazing recordings on occation. Still, I can't keep from thinking the "sleeves" he puts together is a bit of a sneaky clickbait-move :lol:
Maxim

Post by Maxim »

DaN wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:15 am Simply fantastic! Esp. the "A-side". That channel manages to dig up some amazing recordings on occation. Still, I can't keep from thinking the "sleeves" he puts together is a bit of a sneaky clickbait-move :lol:
Yeah looks clickbaity but they make some pretty cool artworks for some obscure demo releases, and making one for "singles" would be too much hassle, so it is understandable. Looks like those two tracks were taken from a demo consisting of 13 tracks, though maybe the other ones might be not as good.
Yronbeast86

Post by Yronbeast86 »

Thanks for this information. I really appreciate it.
Maxim

Post by Maxim »

Recently reissued on vinyl:

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

This band had completely passed me by, but sounds like perfect Czechness to me - cheers for the tip!
mordred

Post by mordred »

DaN wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:43 pm This band had completely passed me by, but sounds like perfect Czechness to me - cheers for the tip!
They have a track on the “Death Metal Session” compilation. :)
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

mordred wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:08 pm
DaN wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:43 pm This band had completely passed me by, but sounds like perfect Czechness to me - cheers for the tip!
They have a track on the “Death Metal Session” compilation. :)
:lol: Of course...
The Corroseum wrote:Heavy, chopping, brooding Metal similar to countrymen Törr. A bit one-dimensional but a cool obscurity for fans of the trademark Czech sound.
Really, I blame the anonymous/exotic/intelligible/forgettable band name. Obviosly you'll never forget a name like Abax, Mamut or MoriorrrrRRRR, but this..?