Apocalypse/Omega

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Sentinel

Apocalypse/Omega

Post by The Sentinel »

"The Prophet" is bloody awesome epic music; even the Beatles cover isn't out of place here. The Apocalypse material is great as well. especially the demo which has been reissued by BBTD records a while ago. Has somebody picked up the "Abandon Hope" LP lately?
Long Live The Loud !!!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I'm hoping to receive that album ASAP. :)
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I generally stay away from newer releases with old nwobhm bands. That being said, should the new material kick ass, I'd definitely buy it. Input appreciated!
dford

Post by dford »

I've had Abandon Hope since it came out and have listened to it quite a few times. Their are no "new" tracks on it, it's reworked tracks recorded at different times. Check out http://www.apocalypsenwobhm.co.uk/
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Let me rephrase: Is the new album any good?
dford

Post by dford »

It's awesome, I'm sure you would enjoy it.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

OMEGA "The Prophet" is really a special album, dark and creepy, long, epic tracks, changes of tempo and with great vocals.
From APOCALYPSE i can also recommend the HRR version ""Abandon Hope"LP) , an absolute flawless re-realese, more tracks and the better cover art imo.

The wrath of the gods is coming down on you
but why do you still smile?
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Great to see that Apocalypse LP is worth getting. Another item to look out for.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Great! I'll pick this one up when opportunity arrives.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Great LP yes. The Beatles cover though...no :)

Haven't been buying anything lately, would like to hear something off the new release, maybe just in too much of a hurry but didn't see any clips on the site.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Didn't realize they had 2 'new' releases, oops!
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
StygianBlade

Post by StygianBlade »

The Omega album is a classic.

Still have not laid my hands on the Apocalypse new releases. I will do it soon.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

The Sentinel wrote:Great to see that Apocalypse LP is worth getting. Another item to look out for.
Got it today and it's amazing. "Blood Sacrifice" is such a great track, it's on repeat the whole day. The "Stormchild" version on this one is out of this world, absolutely fantastic. The production sounds perfect, very clearly but "real". No modern disasters to be found here, just incredible music.
Long Live The Loud !!!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Just to clarify... is the 'Abandon Hope' album old songs that have recently been re-recorded? Please pardon my confusion.

Re: their catalog, I love both songs on the single, which of course is an expensive bitch to find, especially with an insert-sleeve in decent condition (most of the ones I've seen have not been in very good condition). The demo tracks are also quite good. I have 'blood sacrifice' on one of those old Ebony comps (Metal Warriors) I think, but TBH I don't remember it. 'The Prophet' is a cool album but side one is much better than side 2; 'Drive Me Crazy' and the 'Day Tripper' cover are very out of place compared to the rest of the songs and they really disrupt the great atmosphere of the album. Otherwise a very strong album.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I love Apocalypse 7" and demo and of course the nice reissue of both recently. and Omega too of course. But I just got the 'Abandon Hope' lp and I didn't like it. Maybe the production? Something just sounded off to me. I'll listen to it again in a few weeks when I get some extra time.