Iced Earth

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
FuneralCircle

Post by FuneralCircle »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
Helstar wrote:
Btw, Brocas Helm got me bored after a few songs, funny eh :) ?
just sad
:lol:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I'll make things even sadder by saying that I cannot listen to the 1st BROCAS HELM album AT ALL.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
mordred

Post by mordred »

I like most of their albums, there is no point where they "lost it", some albums just happens to not be as good as others (like Burnt Offerings and Horror Show). My favorite albums are Night of the Stormrider, The Glorious Burden, Something Wicked This Way Comes and the debut.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
FuneralCircle

Post by FuneralCircle »

ION BRITTON wrote:I'll make things even sadder by saying that I cannot listen to the 1st BROCAS HELM album AT ALL.
Whoa, not even Ravenwreck? :shock:
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Never heard the early Iced Earth albums as when I heard The Glorious Burden I nearly pissed myself laughing it was so bad. The little drummer boy stuff and that red baron/blue max song. Oh my...
I saw the dvd from Athens and it contained some better songs so maybe I'll check out the first album and if I like that I'll keep moving forward through the albums.

Not liking Brocas Helm is complete madness. I must say that it took me a few listens to get into them though. But when it clicked I realised what an idiot I was.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

You know, I can understand people not liking Brocas Helm - it has a very strong individual identity and stands out markedly from almost everything else. When music is like that, some people will be put off by it. I love almost every song BH have ever recorded though.

OT: I haven't heard the early IE albums. Listened to some later stuff and it was so bland and void of any interesting things, I never wanted to investigate more. Maybe I'll look into the first couple of albums.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

great_knuthulhu wrote:You know, I can understand people not liking Brocas Helm
It's not that I don't like BH as a whole, I just can't stand the debut, the hard rockish vibe gets on my nerves.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
dford

Post by dford »

Helstar wrote:
dford wrote:Played both cd's I have by them(well, most of each one), enjoyed each initially but got bored after a few songs. Threw on Brocas Helm instead.... Into Battle ........!
They are totally different ... you can't do such kind of comparison :p

Btw, Brocas Helm got me bored after a few songs, funny eh :) ?
Wasn't making a comparison between the two, just that I lost interest in Iced earth so I put on something that keep my interest, it could have been Stevie Ray Vaughan depending on the mood I'm in. After 10 beer it just happened to be Brocas Helm :D
msp

Post by msp »

Helstar wrote: Btw, Brocas Helm got me bored after a few songs, funny eh :) ?
I hope you realise what you have done by writing that. RIP Helstar :(

Can't say I have ever really cared for Iced Earth
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

msp wrote: I hope you realise what you have done by writing that. RIP Helstar :(
RIP your sister. They're called 'tastes' you know ? And if you don't care about IE why did you bother to even read or write in this thread ?
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

msp wrote:Can't say I have ever really cared for Iced Earth
Same here they just bore me. I take the 80s power/thrash over them like Hexx, Heretic, Purgatory, Sanctuary, Nasty Savage etc.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

on topic, i do like this band, but not everything, first album i bought was Something Wicked... at first i loved that album, now that i llisten to it i still like it but nothing to die for, i also have Nigh of the Stormrider, indeed a great album! totally lost interest when they released Horror Show,indeed was horrific...

btw, i prefer BROCAS HELM a thousand times better :D
pzman

Post by pzman »

As far as studio albums go, i have to pick Night Of The Stormrider. (The others up to Horror Show are more or less good whereas the newer stuff hasnt impressed me.) But the album i listen to most is Alive In Athens - one of my fav live albums. (This would've been almost perfect if they had included the song 'Burnt Offerings').
msp

Post by msp »

Helstar wrote:
msp wrote: I hope you realise what you have done by writing that. RIP Helstar :(
RIP your sister. They're called 'tastes' you know ? And if you don't care about IE why did you bother to even read or write in this thread ?
Some people have no sense of humour
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

msp wrote:
Helstar wrote:
Some people have no sense of humour
Well, that was quite rude on your behalf.