Question For USPM Fans

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Cauldron_Born

Question For USPM Fans

Post by Cauldron_Born »

How many of you USPM fans have a cassette deck and still listen to some music on cassette?

Howie
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I do, sometimes.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I do, in home and car. 8)
But I don't own any USPM cassettes. :D
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

Cassettes suck big time and they always did.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Still got a tape deck, still listen to tapes sometimes. Even record things on tapes now and then haha.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
mordred

Post by mordred »

I got a tape deck but I don't really use it for listening. Occasionally I get something on tape, then I always rip it. Cassette tape is a lousy format.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
anthares

Post by anthares »

Tapes suck! But I have one deck just in case.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

I listen tapes.And cassette format for me is quite good.I mean there's still loads of unkown records/bands from 80s whose survived just via old Demos/Tapes so I think it's OK to own stuff not so many people hear about.Well,maybe quality of records is not perfect,but anyway its legacy of mighty 80s.For example I prefer to buy BLACKKOUT original tape as well as more bands from that era if I had a chance
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

lunaboy wrote:I listen tapes.And cassette format for me is quite good.I mean there's still loads of unkown records/bands from 80s whose survived just via old Demos/Tapes so I think it's OK to own stuff not so many people hear about.Well,maybe quality of records is not perfect,but anyway its legacy of mighty 80s.For example I prefer to buy BLACKKOUT original tape as well as more bands from that era if I had a chance
That's the spirit!

I didn't really grow up with tapes, only with self made ones, but i never bought any except for two (CIRITH UNGOL and HEXX for whatever reasons i can't remember). That's why i don't really feel connected with cassetts and my cassette deck is stored in the cellar. But maybe someday i'll wake up and feel the urge to hunt down old demo tapes, who knows?
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

sure,i collect US metal demos
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

anthares wrote:Tapes suck! But I have one deck just in case.
plus i have a few goodies in that format...
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

I bust out the tapes on occasion. I have some old school USPM demos and a ton of other metal tapes and it's always fun digging through them and reminiscing about how I got hold of them. Brings back a lot of memories from my tape collecting days.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

mordred wrote:I got a tape deck but I don't really use it for listening. Occasionally I get something on tape, then I always rip it. Cassette tape is a lousy format.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Avenger wrote:
mordred wrote:I got a tape deck but I don't really use it for listening. Occasionally I get something on tape, then I always rip it. Cassette tape is a lousy format.
no surprise coming from you :P
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
Avenger wrote:
no surprise coming from you :P
Yeah well, tapes have quite inconsistent sound quality and once they are either worn out or unravelled they are basically useless.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."