Ozzy Osbourne's Solo Career

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Black Axe

Ozzy Osbourne's Solo Career

Post by Black Axe »

Conversation split into a separate thread for sake of relevancy. /Mod

You must've ignored anything by Ozzy since 1987.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Black Axe wrote:You must've ignored anything by Ozzy since 1987.
Since 1991 actually.
Last edited by Avenger on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
mordred

Post by mordred »

I don't care too much for Ozzy's solo career, but to me, Bark at the Moon is the strongest album.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I only like the 2 first Ozzy albums, the onesq with Randy Rhoads, there are some good moments on "Bark at the Moon", but the rest of his discography is really lame ...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

In no particular order I've always liked "Diary Of A Madman", "The Ultimate Sin" and "No Rest For The Wicked".
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

I like (and sometimes love) everything he's done up to No More Tears, which btw, is a commercial, yet wonderful release.
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I only have a few Ozzy solo albums, I can't say I love any of them. But anything after The Ultimate Sin usually just pisses me off.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I can't find any of his albums that slays from start to finish, but the first 4 have definitely many killer tunes. I even like some of the stuff from No more tears or Ozzmosis.
BTW, I love Rhoads' guitar sound.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Eon

Post by Eon »

There are good stuff on the 4 first albums, but can't listen to anything beyond that. I fucking HATE Zakk Wylde.
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Ozzy for me is only up to 1991 with "no more tears" which i thing is a very good album. After that is crap!!
mordred

Post by mordred »

I enjoy all the albums from 1980 'til 1991 kind of an 6.5-7/10 level. They're all kind of commercial but not gay, heavy but not raging, stellar but not spectacular, good but not remarkable. "Bark at the Moon" (the song) was the first I heard from Ozzy and it has remained my favorite and I think that's mainly why I consider that album the strongest. I don't quite get why some people consider some Ozzy albums immortal metal classics, but it's not bad.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Can't remember when was the last time I heard one of his solo album from start to finish if I ever did even. I just remember few "hits" and they are mmkay but I never got the urge to really start listen to Ozzy. Mordred above stated pretty much all the reasons why.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

My favourite Ozzy albums is "The Ultimate Sin"; catchy as hell and pretty consistent all the way.
Long Live The Loud !!!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

The Sentinel wrote:My favourite Ozzy albums is "The Ultimate Sin"; catchy as hell and pretty consistent all the way.
SHOT IN THE DARK!!! his best song
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:My favourite Ozzy albums is "The Ultimate Sin"; catchy as hell and pretty consistent all the way.
SHOT IN THE DARK!!! his best song
No way, the best track off that album is "Secret Loser".