Ozzy Osbourne's Solo Career

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

For me the vintage-era is the Randy Rhode-era, and the album "Tribute"...I have his discography up until 1995. Ozzmosis.

Sure I could of stopped around say Tribute, but one thing I liked about his career, Ozzy did not bounce around from trend to trend then to another trend.

So I like that his albums do not fall into the modern taps of grunge / industrial/ groove metal and nu-metal and whatever the new trend is nowadays, (i do not know the name of the newest modern rock craze but I am sure it is based in poser-mall-core). So just for that fact alone, I always check out his album, and pretty cool, no sell-out bullshit ala, Metallica.

The only band I have every album from is Motorhead, since they never fell into the traps of " Bermuda shorts and skateboard bullshit", thrash wave of 1987 or suffered from the slowdown syndrome that most power/thrash artist except Razor, Slayer and Sepultura suffered from... the thrash wave of 1988. Motorhead also avoided the Pantera/ MachineHead copycat wave of 1994.

As far as Ozzfest, I never held that against Ozzy...90% of the classic albums I grew up with May 1979- July 1986 were out of print in first pressings, by the time I was 30 (1997). So I did not expect any killer metal from the 1995 wave of rockers and "neo" metallers in the first place...the kids who did find those old albums only did something called retro-thrash, without pushing the sonic envelope forward @ all. Dangerous metal with none of the danger :roll:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I stick to the first 4. No Rest forthe wicked is cool album too, but I hardly listen to it because of Zakk Wylde (hate that sore loser, blah)
Outcast

Post by Outcast »

I never bothered buying his albums as I don't like 'em as a whole, lots of fillers and crap, but there are some great songs on most older ones as well: Crazy Train, Never, Secret Loser, No More Tears, Suicide Solution, Over The Mountain, Now You See It Now You Don't, Shot In The Dark, Bloodbath In Paradise etc.

I prefer Ozzy with Sabbath and Dio's solo.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I'll wait for the new Black Sabbath album instead of listening to any Ozzy solo material.