Ozzy Osbourne's Solo Career

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
User avatar
Sgt. Kuntz
Posts: 1259

Post#16 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:36 pm

Avenger wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:My favourite Ozzy albums is "The Ultimate Sin"; catchy as hell and pretty consistent all the way.
SHOT IN THE DARK!!! his best song
No way, the best track off that album is "Secret Loser".
"Killer of Giants" it is, ha!
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst


http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80

User avatar
Keir
Posts: 1214
Contact:

Post#17 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:00 pm

I would have picked “Shot In The Dark” too if I hadn’t heard it so many times. As it is, I’ll have to agree with Avenger.

To me, The Ultimate Sin is the one album that is killer from start to finish. I also really like all the albums before that, and No Rest For The Wicked. After that, there are a few songs that make me go, “hey, this isn’t so bad” but that’s all.

pzman
Posts: 371

Post#18 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Never understood why some of his albums are considered absolute classics. Having said that, for me all his albums (of course minus the recent ones) are on the good/decent level (with a few really great moments)

User avatar
mordred
Posts: 1713

Post#19 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Best song on Ultimate Sin is the title song, apart from that I think that album sounds too commercial. Shot in the Dark is an AOR song, though I must confess to quite liking it anyway.
In some lost corner of the world there sits a leprechaun laughing merrily atop a mountain of mysteriously lost LP innersleeves

User avatar
Black Axe
Posts: 3098
Contact:

Post#20 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Just put on The Ultimate Sin because I didn't have most of the songs in memory. Some pretty good songs on there, would probably be great with a better singer.

Stand out track vocally is Killer Of Giants(probably because it's not a regular rocker but more of a moodier piece closer to old Sabbath and his singing moved towards that too), overall I'd give the title track the best rating though. Worst must be Thank God For The Bomb(those vocals :shock: :? ).

Witchkiller
Posts: 336
Contact:

Post#21 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Ozzy's solo career kills up to No rest Fot The Wicked (my fav album). Magical "commercial" metal on those albums with unique song writing! Diary Of A Madman (the song) should be taught in every music school.........
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size

User avatar
MEXDefenderOfSteel
Posts: 3881
Contact:

Post#22 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:46 pm

mordred wrote:Best song on Ultimate Sin is the title song, apart from that I think that album sounds too commercial. Shot in the Dark is an AOR song, though I must confess to quite liking it anyway.
maybe commercial, but AOR? i wish R.E.O. Speedwagon could come up with tracks like those :lol:

User avatar
mordred
Posts: 1713

Post#23 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:27 am

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
mordred wrote:Best song on Ultimate Sin is the title song, apart from that I think that album sounds too commercial. Shot in the Dark is an AOR song, though I must confess to quite liking it anyway.
maybe commercial, but AOR? i wish R.E.O. Speedwagon could come up with tracks like those :lol:
Not quite of course, but dangerously close. :D
Good song nonetheless.
In some lost corner of the world there sits a leprechaun laughing merrily atop a mountain of mysteriously lost LP innersleeves

Lama
Posts: 800

Post#24 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
Avenger wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote: SHOT IN THE DARK!!! his best song
No way, the best track off that album is "Secret Loser".
"Killer of Giants" it is, ha!
Ha! "Never" it is for me! Killer album!
Kampel Destruction

User avatar
Korgüll
Posts: 1973

Post#25 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:05 pm

Keir wrote:The Ultimate Sin is the one album that is killer from start to finish. I also really like all the albums before that, and No Rest For The Wicked. After that, there are a few songs that make me go, “hey, this isn’t so bad” but that’s all.
100% agree with this statement.. I also love ALL of Bark At The Moon! Classic albums IMO!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?

Cauldron_Born
Posts: 69

Post#26 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:58 am

Witchkiller wrote:Ozzy's solo career kills up to No rest Fot The Wicked (my fav album). Magical "commercial" metal on those albums with unique song writing! Diary Of A Madman (the song) should be taught in every music school.........
It IS taught in any music school that I teach at. From my perspective,those first two Ozzy albums are essential, or, at least they were, if you were learning to play the guitar,and were a Heavy Metal fan in the early '80s.

Howie

Witchkiller
Posts: 336
Contact:

Post#27 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Cauldron_Born wrote:From my perspective,those first two Ozzy albums are essential, or, at least they were,
still AEE man. There's no expiring date in good music and those lps are DAMN GOOD MUSIC no matter the year!
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size

User avatar
great_knuthulhu
Posts: 1388

Post#28 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:26 pm

I still love the first three of Ozzy's solo albums. Though I really don't understand the love The Ultimate Sin always gets. To me, that's really bland, commercialized, devoid of identity... it sucks. And as goes for the last 20 years of Ozzy, I have bought some of the albums but I really wish I hadn't.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.

User avatar
Heathen
Posts: 1234

Post#29 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:44 pm

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:My favourite Ozzy albums is "The Ultimate Sin"; catchy as hell and pretty consistent all the way.
SHOT IN THE DARK!!! his best song
I'd also vote for Shot In The Dark.

But his best song ever for me is "Diary Of A Madman". Mad!

Best album: Bark At The Moon.

St. Erben
Posts: 36

Post#30 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Ah, anything Randy Rhoads- or Jake E. Lee-era is good for you. "No Rest for the Wicked" too, even though Zakk Wylde is playing on it. "No More Tears", that's where it started to suck.
Best album is "Diary of a Madman", right?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron