Unholy German Trinity

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

What's your fave between those three ?

SODOM
44%
KREATOR
32%
DESTRUCTION
25%

Total votes: 73

deathster

Post by deathster »

I like them all but voted for Sodom (image, aura, music, Angelrippers voice).
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

DESTRUCTION always hooked me more than the two other german thrash metal gods. Even though I do enjoy all these bands. But I can't help going nuts when some "bestial invasion", "mad butcher", curse the gods" is played!
"Alcohol is the cause and the solution to all our problems" Homer J. Simpson

BANG YOUR FUCKING SKULL!!!
http://www.myspace.com/resistance667
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I vote for KREATOR because they made Pleasure To Kill; an album I never get tired of. The Poltergeist intro followed by the first monstrous riffs of "Ripping Corpse" are one of my most beloved metal moments ever. And they're also responsible for the godly track "Storm of the Beast"; an epic bulldozer of the best kind. I don't like their post 90's stuff.

Sodom and Destruction are among my favorites as well. It's hard to choose but Kreator takes the cake now.
Long Live The Loud !!!
msp

Post by msp »

I can't see the option for PROTECTOR there.... :? :evil:

Hard to say as all three bands early works is equally great but maybe SODOM's later work I think is superior to KREATOR & DESTRUCTION's.

So for now I will say SODOM
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Can't pick just one. I've abstained.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

msp wrote:SODOM's later work I think is superior to KREATOR & DESTRUCTION's.
Definitely. Destruction's "The Antichrist" is pretty good, but the production is absolutely terrible. It's mastered so loud that if I turn it up to headbanging volume on my stereo it turns into a muddy distorted mess. Kreator's new stuff sucks, but Sodom has remained pretty good throughout their entire career.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Sodom i think... They ahve never came with such crap as "endorama" or "last succesful cannon...", their recent albums are pretty much good and Tom is still a real metal fan :D
Reapersgrave

Post by Reapersgrave »

Sodom because of their In the Sign of Evil MLP, though Destruction's Infernal Overkill is also right up there next to it. :twisted:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

msp wrote:I can't see the option for PROTECTOR there.... :? :evil:

Hard to say as all three bands early works is equally great but maybe SODOM's later work I think is superior to KREATOR & DESTRUCTION's.

So for now I will say SODOM
Probably because the band wasn't formed until the mid 80's?

This pole only includes the founding German Thrash acts.

Anyways, I voted Destruction. As always I'm excluding all of these bands material post early 90's and I'd have to say that Destriction is easily my favorite of the three. I've never really been a big Kreator fan and Sodom as always been a mid-range favorite of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecv0BVaWqBM
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
HamburgerBoy

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Destruction always seemed much more creative and dedicated to the art of riff-craft than just image and aggression, even in their debut EP days. Songs like Mad Butcher, Devil's Soldiers, and The Ritual have such a twisted and unique style to them, almost like Mercyful Fate circa Melissa. Sodom and Kreator only had evil and speed going for them, and when they inevitably couldn't compete in their shallow one-upping with the rise of black and death metal, they failed.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've voted for SODOM because imo they released the ultimate german thrash masterpiece "Obsessed by Cruelty", but DESTRUCTION comes very close. I'm sorry for KREATOR but I only like their first two albums.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Impossible to vote :D
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

An easy one for me. SODOM all the way! Best thrash band ever! Most evil ,most obscene, most sarcastic ,fastest ,dirtiest ,mindblowind ,earthshaking ,noisiest ,most brutal ,most choking

..............and overall a cool bunch of dudes
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Witchkiller wrote:An easy one for me. SODOM all the way! Best thrash band ever! Most evil ,most obscene, most sarcastic ,fastest ,dirtiest ,mindblowind ,earthshaking ,noisiest ,most brutal ,most choking

you forgot most Motorhead influenced :D
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
Witchkiller wrote:An easy one for me. SODOM all the way! Best thrash band ever! Most evil ,most obscene, most sarcastic ,fastest ,dirtiest ,mindblowind ,earthshaking ,noisiest ,most brutal ,most choking

you forgot most Motorhead influenced :D
it goes with out saying my friend! When a band states as influences Motorhead ,Venom ,Tank and Witchfinder General it just can't go wrong! Sodom make the majority of thrash metal (and i'm talkin' 99.9% of the gerne) sound like Rick Astley................
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size