Unholy German Trinity

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

What's your fave between those three ?

SODOM
44%
KREATOR
32%
DESTRUCTION
25%

Total votes: 73

Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Marken wrote:And yes, I like both "modern" productions and "old school" productions. That's even weirder.
nothing is wierd my man. My fav Sabbath album is Dehumanizer..............

Modern studio productions are cool but it doesn't mean that they include triggers and drumprogramming. I always thought Metal as a form of music performed by humans. It seems that what i call "the human factor" tends to be "pushed in the corner" for the sake of wasting less time/money in a studio nowadays.......

anyway.............
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
Lama

Post by Lama »

"Dehumanizer" is one of the best Sabbath-albums, nothing weird about that man!
Kampel Destruction
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

rictusgrin666 wrote:And since the thread started to slide in this direction I will say that I think Ironbound is probably the best album released by any of the big ol' thrashers from the 80s. :lol:
I am listening to it right now and I am on the 4th track. I don't know what you're talking about. This is not even among the best 5 OVERKILL albums.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

ION BRITTON wrote:
rictusgrin666 wrote:And since the thread started to slide in this direction I will say that I think Ironbound is probably the best album released by any of the big ol' thrashers from the 80s. :lol:
I am listening to it right now and I am on the 4th track. I don't know what you're talking about. This is not even among the best 5 OVERKILL albums.
That said, it could still be the best album released by any of the big thrash metal bands since 1991 or so.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

That really doesn't say much and to me SODOM's albums after '91 are far better than this.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Black Axe wrote:That said, it could still be the best album released by any of the big thrash metal bands since 1991 or so.
well....Tapping The Vein, Get What You Deserve ,Code Red and Better Off Dead tear Ironbound limb by limb..........
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

And I just discovered that "In Vain"'s riff sounds somehow similar to the one of EXODUS' "Verbal Razors"....

J.K.

Post by J.K. »

I chose DESTRUCTION cause their early work as really something special, DARKER than the two others I think. + the monotonous tempo that has became the standard for 90's Black Metal. + the terrific lead guitars, etc. They were more vicious.

Anyway, it was a hard choice and I have only voted for the 80's era. Cause the later releases (even if some are good) doesn't REALLY matter, regarding the legendary beginning.
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
DeathStrike Kömmander

Post by DeathStrike Kömmander »

I've also choose DESTRUCTION, they also contributed to the technical thrash scene with release from agony, Also agree with J.K. (Anyway, it was a hard choice and I have only voted for the 80's era. Cause the later releases (even if some are good) doesn't REALLY matter, regarding the legendary beginning.)
ugobo

Post by ugobo »

Tough choice but i had to go with Sodom because of their non-stop high quality discography throughout the years. Not the case with Kreator and Destruction...

Hugo
TO THE DEATH!!!
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Black Axe wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
That said, it could still be the best album released by any of the big thrash metal bands since 1991 or so.
Ironbound is Overkill's best album since Horrorscope. On the other hand, the new Heathen album is quite a letdown.
Lama

Post by Lama »

mega_lodon wrote:
Black Axe wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
Ironbound is Overkill's best album since Horrorscope. On the other hand, the new Heathen album is quite a letdown.
I also like "Ironbound". But what's wrong with Heathen in your opinion? I think it's a great record.
Kampel Destruction
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Lama wrote: I also like "Ironbound". But what's wrong with Heathen in your opinion? I think it's a great record.
I just had high expectation on Heathen but it turned out that the new album doesn’t quite live up to my expectation. IMHO, “The Evolution of Chaos” isn’t that all bad, but neither it is too great.

The review by Classic Thrash pretty sums up my feelings about the new album:

“…As far as compositions are considered, Victims Of Deception arguably flowed more naturally whereas The Evolution Of Chaos sounds more forced and slightly overdone. The production in particular appears unnecessarily compressed, with all the usual modern tendencies to make everything sound loud regardless of whether it is for any good.”

Yup, there’s a problem in the sound production on the record. It sounds just irritating to my ears. I also aware that some of the other new albums are having similar problem. Dark Forest (UK) debut full length is one good example. Man, it’s a great album but the sound production is so bloody irritating that I could hardly sit through half the CD. I don’t know, maybe I have sensitive or "weak" ears… :(
(Note: Notice that I only mentioned “irritating” and not “poor/bad” because I can live with “poor” sounding but not “irritating” sounding).
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Destruction best Thrash Metal show i ever saw live in my life in Release From Agony tour.
There's my vote.
Lama

Post by Lama »

mega_lodon wrote:
Lama wrote: I also like "Ironbound". But what's wrong with Heathen in your opinion? I think it's a great record.
I just had high expectation on Heathen but it turned out that the new album doesn’t quite live up to my expectation. IMHO, “The Evolution of Chaos” isn’t that all bad, but neither it is too great.

The review by Classic Thrash pretty sums up my feelings about the new album:

“…As far as compositions are considered, Victims Of Deception arguably flowed more naturally whereas The Evolution Of Chaos sounds more forced and slightly overdone. The production in particular appears unnecessarily compressed, with all the usual modern tendencies to make everything sound loud regardless of whether it is for any good.”

Yup, there’s a problem in the sound production on the record. It sounds just irritating to my ears. I also aware that some of the other new albums are having similar problem. Dark Forest (UK) debut full length is one good example. Man, it’s a great album but the sound production is so bloody irritating that I could hardly sit through half the CD. I don’t know, maybe I have sensitive or "weak" ears… :(
(Note: Notice that I only mentioned “irritating” and not “poor/bad” because I can live with “poor” sounding but not “irritating” sounding).
Okay, I agree. I can live with it, but a 'natural' sound would fit the album (or any other album) better.
Kampel Destruction