M. ROAD - Dreams Of Eschaton v/s Mark of the Beast?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Why yes Plato

Post by Why yes Plato »

Looking forward to seeing the results. Hadn't heard there'd been any rerecording involved. If it's extensive, it's mixed rather well
Capricorn

Post by Capricorn »

First of all, I was sent two different cassette demos containing these tracks from Mark Shelton back in the early 80s. So, there wasn't only one tape made and sent out, that's nonsense. As for re-recordings, I've never heard of this before. What's obvious is that the Greek bootleg sounds like total shit. It's clearly a multiple generation copy of one of these cassettes. If there's a speed issue it's with this CDs source. I compared it to my original cassettes when I got it and it was clearly the case. The good thing that came from that is that once they did that, Mark finally gave in and let me go ahead and release it officially. The Mark of the Beast final master was made of a combination of a master CD Mark sent to me with transfers from the original reels (which were in very bad condition and could only be copied once before falling apart) and my original cassettes. I was so excited that I was finally going to have a master CD from the original reels, sadly when I received it my soul was shattered because my favorite song "Mark of the Beast" sounded like ass. So, I had to resort back to my original cassette for the source on a couple tracks. I did the best I could to clean them up with what was available to me at the time. So, the Mark of the Beast CD release is made up from my original cassette (on a few tracks) and CD master from original reels. The magical thing about this release, if you are not going to nitpick the sound quality are the performances. Mark Shelton is on fire on the track Mark of the Beast, his vocals and guitar are just otherworldly here. Enjoy!
GJ

Post by GJ »

Capricorn wrote:Enjoy!
I have and I will! Thanks.