Early NWOAHM tracks or something 7"

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Keir

Post by Keir »

nightsblood wrote:It's not a bad EP but not one I'm interested in owning. THe songs are a bit inconsistent even in style; I wonder if they were hedging their bets, waiting to see what style would get them to the next level.
That's pretty much how I feel. And since I had heard "On The Road" first, hearing the EP was a big disappointment for me.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

MassOfKthulu wrote:Avenger stop getting your period and put your panties back on
I know you are greek and all but Manowar isn't the be all, end all of Metal.

Just thought that you should know.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Hmmm, don't know about that b-side...
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Me neither. Quite disappointing.

Edit: Is it a coincidence that this auction is started just a few days after an mp3 of the "good side" was posted here? :wink:
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Khnud wrote:Me neither. Quite disappointing.

Edit: Is it a coincidence that this auction is started just a few days after an mp3 of the "good side" was posted here? :wink:
:lol: and that the poster's brother is the seller? Hmmm, I think we found a rifle laying on the grassy knoll :) Just kidding, Glockose and Rockadelic are obviously stand-up fellas.

I may bid on the single, but not sure how much in light of the b-side. We'll see. I'll probably bid just enough for two big German collectors to leave me in the dust :lol:
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

nightsblood wrote:
Khnud wrote:Me neither. Quite disappointing.

:lol: and that the poster's brother is the seller? Hmmm, I think we found a rifle laying on the grassy knoll :) Just kidding, Glockose and Rockadelic are obviously stand-up fellas.

I may bid on the single, but not sure how much in light of the b-side. We'll see. I'll probably bid just enough for two big German collectors to leave me in the dust :lol:
yea and i already bit the dust :(
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Keir wrote:
glockose wrote:This is one of those records that helps prove my point of everything didn't start in the UK or with Manowar........

Things were going on in small towns very earlly in the USA the same as the UK.
Oh, you mean like this track from Missouri, 1980?

http://www.divshare.com/download/11281085-8be
I bow my head in shame as a latecomer to the party, but this track really deserves a bump. Keir's 70's Priest/WF General comparison is dead-on and I f*in' love it!
Keir

Post by Keir »

DaN wrote:I bow my head in shame as a latecomer to the party, but this track really deserves a bump. Keir's 70's Priest/WF General comparison is dead-on and I f*in' love it!
Cool. I often wonder if people find my comparisons to be on target, or way off.

BTW, that LP just sold on eBay for a whopping $6 (about what I paid for mine too). I wonder if that track had been released as a private 45, how much would it fetch?
daniel

Post by daniel »

I like the Dark Starr track a lot, but more than anything it sounds like Wishbone Ash gone more metal to me. Yeah can hear where the JP reference comes from but still more WA...
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

why no one ever mentioned me about this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io-8LFdceT8

i was blown away by that song!

any more info about it? i guessed it was right to put it in this thread :P
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:why no one ever mentioned me about this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io-8LFdceT8

Good tune, with a mighty chorus! This was posted by glockose here as a mp3 file, never saw it for sale though. Probably in the same price/rarity category as LAZER, PROTOTYPE or CRISIS, maybe even more, who knows.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:why no one ever mentioned me about this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io-8LFdceT8

Good tune, with a mighty chorus! This was posted by glockose here as a mp3 file, never saw it for sale though. Probably in the same price/rarity category as LAZER, PROTOTYPE or CRISIS, maybe even more, who knows.
oh i didnt see it posted, is the link still active? i would love to have it...and yea pretty sure too has to be a BIG rarity with an outrageous price...
Keir

Post by Keir »

Wow, brilliant! Is that really from 1978?
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Keir wrote:Wow, brilliant! Is that really from 1978?
if so, it has some heavy Heavy riffing going around for that year