Teutonic 90's Power Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Teutonic 90's Power Metal

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I just bought before some days Chroming Rose-Louis XIV in CD(their other Cds are good?).It is perfect i was blown away.I were also fanatic in Heaven's Gate music(i have the three first albums) so i want to explore some of the German 90's power metal bands have you got any recommendations?What do you think about the two above mentioned bands?Do you like this kind of bands?
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

C Rose is a fine band, but I prefer Stranger's "The Bell" album. Heavens Gate is great in my opinon, at least their 3 first albums ad the live cd rules, later they went boring... Even when Not Fragile is an old band, they "come back" is very good and I always recommend them.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Generally not my cup of blood, but I must confess that I really like about every third BLIND GUARDIAN release. (that would be "Tales.." and "Nightfall..")
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:Generally not my cup of blood, but I must confess that I really like about every third BLIND GUARDIAN release. (that would be "Tales.." and "Nightfall..")
I love BLIND GUARDIAN but only their first 4 releases the other haven't made me never a click :(
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

BLIND GUARDIAN is indeed a great band, think I put some in my cd-player tonight before going out (don't have them on vinyl)
Long Live The Loud !!!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

metalmaster wrote:C Rose is a fine band, but I prefer Stranger's "The Bell" album. Heavens Gate is great in my opinon, at least their 3 first albums ad the live cd rules, later they went boring... Even when Not Fragile is an old band, they "come back" is very good and I always recommend them.
I don't know which one of Chroming Rose and Stranger i prefer both bands are favourites for me that's for sure.Although i haven't heard other than 3three first albums from Heavens Gate i still believe also the other(newer) are at least good.As for Not Fragile i have only once heard a track so i will follow you advice and i will buy a CD that i found from them in a record store Edguy also rules i have the Vain Glory Opera and its suberb one of the highlights for 1998! I also want since some time to buy Freedom Call's-Stairway To Fairyland(1999) (I will buy it on Monday)do you like it,have anyone of you heard this CD?
mordred

Post by mordred »

I think that the third Chroming Rose album "Pressure" is their best, although it's not as fast as the first two albums.

Anyways, if you haven't checked out Scanner you must do so this instant. Their first three releases "Hypertrace" (1988), "Terminal Earth" (1989) and "Mental Reservation" (1995) are essential melodic teutonic speed metal classics of the highest order.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

mordred wrote:I think that the third Chroming Rose album "Pressure" is their best, although it's not as fast as the first two albums.

Anyways, if you haven't checked out Scanner you must do so this instant. Their first three releases "Hypertrace" (1988), "Terminal Earth" (1989) and "Mental Reservation" (1995) are essential melodic teutonic speed metal classics of the highest order.
I haven't heard Scanner :oops: i surely will check them!
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

The song "Skyline of the world" by Chroming Rose is one of the best songs ever and one of the songs that seriously got me into Metal.
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

If you like CHROMING ROSE you should absolutely check out the following :
CENTAUR - Mob rules the World
ROUGH SILK (only on CD)
STS 8 MISSION - The Mystery of Time (slightly progressive, Germanys most underrated record !)
They are all MUCH better IMO !!!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

tbieri wrote:If you like CHROMING ROSE you should absolutely check out the following :
CENTAUR - Mob rules the World
ROUGH SILK (only on CD)
STS 8 MISSION - The Mystery of Time (slightly progressive, Germanys most underrated record !)
They are all MUCH better IMO !!!
Thanx i bought ARCHONTES-World Were Shadows Come To Life i like this band it is not awesome but still very good.Other late 90´s Power Metal recomendations?I need to search more in 90´s power metal many good albums are yet hidden.
Ebony_Eyes

Post by Ebony_Eyes »

you should also check GLENMORE - Materialised ...typocal and always great Teutonic stuff!
solar eagle

Germany

Post by solar eagle »

There are too many great '90s bands from Germany to be heard,in heavy/power metal field.One should check SARGANT FURY,THUNDERSTEEL,THUNDERHEAD,BATTLEFIELD,CASTLE WELL,CENTAUR,X-WILD,UNREST,CROWS,CROSSROADS,GLADIATORS among others.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

SEVENTH AVENUE rulezzz!!!Their album ''Southgate (98 ) is one of the top 10 90's records ever.Such a killer band.Too bad their first album ''Rainbowland(95)'' was a let down in comparizon to the Southgate.Has anyone heard other albums from them?

What about Letter X,Dorian Gray do you like them?I found Letter X 1st cd but it is too expensive 25 Euro.Why is it so expensive?Is it rare?

Btw thanx Solar Eagle for your recommendations.
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

I've gave chroming rose two tries already,I just get into it, I can't really pinpoint my reasons though it just doesn't strike right with me.