Kraken (Canada)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Great news! Perhaps I will finally find out whether their song is actually called "Black Sheep", which I doubt.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I'm with P-O that the 3-song demo (bootlegged on some "NWOBHM" CD) is their standout moment. The rest is good, solid Metal but I'm not sure it's a must-buy for me. I should probably reacquaint myself with those mp3s...
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Maybe you should,I don't know,maybe it's just a difference in taste,but considering the time it was released,this is quite powerful(but with a weak production),but music-wise,I believe it's one of the best that came out back then.Snowbank 101,Warriors,Greed and Deception and Kraken are simply scorchers claiming one seat in a relative hall of fame.
Never trust the Goblin King....
TheGreatEscape

Post by TheGreatEscape »

Awesome album - need to get it on CD asap!

For all Vinyl collectors out there: the Bootleg LP is available in these colors:

Black Vinyl (only a few copies, like a test press)
Blue Vinyl
Green Vinyl
Red Vinyl
White Vinyl
Yellow Vinyl
caminantenocturno

Post by caminantenocturno »

TheGreatEscape wrote:Awesome album - need to get it on CD asap!

For all Vinyl collectors out there: the Bootleg LP is available in these colors:

Black Vinyl (only a few copies, like a test press)
Blue Vinyl
Green Vinyl
Red Vinyl
White Vinyl
Yellow Vinyl
I've been told there are at least two different versions: a first pressing with plain cover with a circular cut-out so that you can see the actual label of the record and a later pressing with the logo / dragon printed on the cover ...

Does anybody can confirm or give further information?

Highly appreciated!
Last edited by caminantenocturno on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Element0s

Post by Element0s »

Really dig this band, their 1983 release is fantastic, balls to the wall metal. I'd love to cover one of their songs one of these days. Maybe "The Curse"!