Russian Metal Recomendations

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

omen of hate wrote:Does someone have heard AVGUST ?
They had a couple of albums out in the 80's.
The "Demon" LP is definitely worth having. The follow-up "Otvetnij Udar" suffers from the production, at least the ripped version I heard. Both of them are relatively easy to get on vinyl.
Fun records
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

doomedplanet wrote:is this really hard to get? I would expect Alfred Roth to always stock something like this.
No, not really. It's just typical that I never see it nowdays when I've realized I need it :roll:

Btw, can you pm me Alfred's e-mail? I used to get his lists but my corroseum-mail is still fucked up and it's high time to make another order.
Derrick Metaliszta

Post by Derrick Metaliszta »

Metalipeiklo wrote:
The "Demon" LP is definitely worth having. The follow-up "Otvetnij Udar" suffers from the production, at least the ripped version I heard. Both of them are relatively easy to get on vinyl.
I have the Otvetnij Udar vinyl and I consider it to be better both production and music-wise
Melalui lorong hidupku, akan ku teruskan...
Pelayaran ini sehingga hujungnya!
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

Check out the Monsters of Rock comp. dubble LP. Most of it sucks it have some highlights. If not the coolest cover ever.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

DaN wrote:Huh? Wha?? I'm pretty sure everyone here has all the ARIA recordings available :wink: (You can get their CDs for peanuts just about everywhere...)
Can someone recommend where I can purchase their CD's online (besides Ebay)???

And what is their best album?? I presume the first few?
Sorry dont know much about this band! Bit Maiden sounding from what I can work out???
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

At www.books.ru you can get Russian Cds for a couple of bucks, they use to have all Aria albums in stock.
Also www.bolero.ru is great, more expensive but they have tons of Metal.
You might need to know Russian though he he, I'm not sure.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Destrozer wrote:At www.books.ru you can get Russian Cds for a couple of bucks, they use to have all Aria albums in stock.
Also www.bolero.ru is great, more expensive but they have tons of Metal.
You might need to know Russian though he he, I'm not sure.
By the way Tony, do you know anything about the following: I've read somewhere that the russian editions of the ARIA CD's include lyrics and fatter booklets. I've bought all my ARIA cd's in the Baltic States and they include no lyrics, just a 4-page booklet. As far as I've understood there are cheaper versions in the Baltic States, still official though. And it's written on the covers something like "Not for sale outside Moscow" or "only for sale in the CIS-states". Has anyone got the ARIA cd's with fat booklets and lyrics?
Fun records
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Strange but i had bought before some years the reissue of BLACKLACE's 2 albums in one CD.Strangely enough all the Mausoleum reissue is written in Ruski(and the band's biography).Were supposed this reissue only for Russia?I had bought this reissue in Greece so what can you suppose? :roll:
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Fucking Åmål wrote:Strange but i had bought before some years the reissue of BLACKLACE's 2 albums in one CD.Strangely enough all the Mausoleum reissue is written in Ruski(and the band's biography).Were supposed this reissue only for Russia?I had bought this reissue in Greece so what can you suppose? :roll:
Bootleg!?
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Well, I have never seen those CDs with lyrics and fat booklets but I always suspected they exist. At the www.bolero.ru and www.books.ru sites there are both expensive and cheap versions of the same albums. I have always ordered the cheap versions (like $3) and ignored the ones that are priced like CDs from the West. I guess those are the nicer ones? Would be really interesting to see how those look like since the LP versions were pretty poorly done too!
I just ordered three CDs from www.books.ru for 131 SEK including postage! Try to beat that! :D
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Destrozer wrote:Well, I have never seen those CDs with lyrics and fat booklets but I always suspected they exist. At the www.bolero.ru and www.books.ru sites there are both expensive and cheap versions of the same albums. I have always ordered the cheap versions (like $3) and ignored the ones that are priced like CDs from the West. I guess those are the nicer ones? Would be really interesting to see how those look like since the LP versions were pretty poorly done too!
I just ordered three CDs from www.books.ru for 131 SEK including postage! Try to beat that! :D
I just had a look and couldnt find any listings for ARIA, I even did the english conversion & tried the Russian keyboard.. but still nothing came up.
Can you do the search for me then send the link? Thanx in advance :D
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Hmm, maybe this works?

http://www.books.ru/shop/show/9022517

All the essential stuff seems to be in stock CHEAP! 8)
You can also see the price in your currence if you register.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Destrozer wrote: I just ordered three CDs from www.books.ru for 131 SEK including postage! Try to beat that! :D
Anything recommended to buy from any new bands? A band whose CD I will definitely buy when it's out is CHERNIJ KUZNETS. Apart from that I've got no idea... Got all the SERGEY MAVRIN cd's and they are totally OK, a bit too modern sounding.
Fun records
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Well, I think there are TONS of good new bands from Russia right now. CHERNIJ KUZNETS are godly(Judas!)! I also like Devjatij Val, Chernaja Metka, Arida Vortex, Epidemia, Epitafia, HMR, Sokolinaja Ohota, Eschelon, Cascabel, Steel Age, Znich, Bereg Neba, Kallisto, and many more! I have seen some of that stuff at the www.bolero.ru site.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

What about this Volnaya Staya?They play classic Heavy Metal huh?I want to hear them.

Look at these pictures

8)