Russian Metal Recomendations

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

Your opinions on those albums:

Leader - Money for Faith
Igor Romanov - Teacher of Success
New Testament - Apocalypse

?
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Astra Wally wrote:Your opinions on those albums:

Leader - Money for Faith

?
Why some people false for me tend to translate the titles,LP titles,band names in English.
Sadly this happens mostly to Russian bands.

Anyway of the bands you mentioned the second (Soyuz-Uchitel Uspeha from 1987) is awesome Russian Metal with 3 tracks at least being some of the best this region produced(Mir,Same title track and Chornyj Voron(there's also a videoclip in Youtube for this track)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Vaggelis wrote:
Astra Wally wrote:Your opinions on those albums:

Leader - Money for Faith

?
Why some people false for me tend to translate the titles,LP titles,band names in English.
Sadly this happens mostly to Russian bands.
People translate the names because they can't spell/pronounce/remember the real russian names of the bands.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Today I received this "incredible" CD:

VOJ: Krugami vechnosti

it is on Sublimity Record in a limited edition of 100 (!) copies only. Silver printed CD, quite elegant in its simplicity, with a long bio written in russian only and a nice cover artwork.

About the album....what to say?
I haven't understood yet if it's one of the most ridicolous doom-funeral album ever or one of the most genial....long "songs" (actually it'a a continuous doom-slowed down beat) with a lamenting voice always present....it sounds like an unique song from the beginning to the end....

On a certain point of view is quite weird, on the other side I can play the same "music" if you give me an instrument. I never played any instrument, by the way....but there's no trace of tecnique at all in the album.
But, apart of that, or because of that, it's a quite weird experience.

Beyond good and evil.......I really don't know what to think....in any case it deserves a listen
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

jnfernal wrote:VOJ: Krugami vechnosti
Listening now. Got me thinking of Goatlord & early Samael at their slowest. Great.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Funeral doom on this forum? :(

I agree that Russian bands/albums should be called by their Russian names. Although I still get confused between the western and russian alphabets.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I usually find Funeral Doom extremely boring, uninteresting and inept, but this one had something that kept me listening to it. Not a favorite album by far, but better than pretty much anything else I've heard in the genre. And being from 1991 makes it one of the very first releases in this style if I'm not mistaken.
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

I have just listened to one of those 'songs' and I must admit it sounds quite funny. Still, I would never spend my hard earned money on that CD.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

As I told you, Voj's album could be one of the best output in this genere as well as one of the worstest shit ever recorded. From one extreme to the other :D
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Black Axe wrote:Funeral doom on this forum?
No objections from me, tho' a lot of it belongs in the Victim of Time section.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct1hobII ... re=related

Korrozia Metalla's Pauk is a candidate for major in Khimki Moscow region. From what I can understand he want to make a Khimki a Russian Las Vegas. And also all foreign workers will have number like in Reich times?

perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I am still shitting bricks over this Konsul CD. Absolutely brilliant.
laasgaardh

Post by laasgaardh »

What are your opinions about Black Coffee's Step Over The Threshold? Sure, the opening track is absolutely disgusting, but I really like the following tracks Vladimir Russ and Dawn Of Life.
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

laasgaardh wrote:What are your opinions about Black Coffee's Step Over The Threshold? Sure, the opening track is absolutely disgusting, but I really like the following tracks Vladimir Russ and Dawn Of Life.
good album! I even like the ballad that follows those two tracks...
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

I'm not sure if this band was already mentioned, but a few months ago I received a LP of the band Красная Площадь (Red Square)...quite boring stuff with various styles, but includes one really great track, which is unfortunately the shortest one on the album. Really great song in the vein of Magnit....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H5gOcDYMPc