Russian Metal Recomendations

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Russian Metal Recomendations.

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Need to say more i luv Russian metal especially with Russian vocals they sound so heavy pretty perfect for a metal band.I love bands like CREDO,MAGNIT,MONOMAH and some others.I just want more recommendations for a lovely becoming to me metal scene?
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

There is OBLACHNYJ KRAJ in this site:
http://www.punk.org.ua/
Go to MP3, then to the letter O (Russian alfabet, there are two alfabet choices) and then to the number 1, there are 9 old OBLACHNYJ KRAJ tracks to download...
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

could someone state the obvious and tell this guy to get some Aria stuff????
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

MassOfKthulu wrote:could someone state the obvious and tell this guy to get some Aria stuff????
Huh? Wha?? I'm pretty sure everyone here has all the ARIA recordings available :wink: (You can get their CDs for peanuts just about everywhere...)

Edit: REANIMATSYA! The new CREDO! U - MUST - CHECK - OUT - NOW ! ! ! ! !
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

MassOfKthulu wrote:could someone state the obvious and tell this guy to get some Aria stuff????
Haha :lol: CREDO and MAGNIT are by far better.Simply these two bands are the best Russian Bands.No matter that they have few relaeses. :?
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

DaN wrote: Edit: REANIMATSYA! The new CREDO! U - MUST - CHECK - OUT - NOW ! ! ! ! !
The one from Ukraine? (http://reanimation.com.ua/) Yea, sure, sounds good at first listening. At first I hoped that you meant a reincarnation of CREDO...

:(
Fun records
Levi

Post by Levi »

SCALD!

Great stuff, easy to get.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

One word: Kruiz.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I have a couple of SHAH albums that are quite good.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

It probably has to do with my general disinterest in death metal these days (with Morbid Angel and a few more as brilliant exceptions), but when it comes to the east european (1989-1990's) DM vein I definitely have to draw the line. Many of these records have definitely passed the best-before date a LONG time ago (doubt most people liked i.e. polish HAMMER when it came out either). Strangely the heavy- and to an extent the thrash metal vein from the 80's doesn't seem to grow old really. Maybe 'cause it seldomly can get any better. The new HM bands on the other hand are usually not very interesting. Well, that goes for most DM bands too.

From Russia I guess I can recommend... hm: nah, I think all has been said already. I think I have to add that OBLACHNYJ KRAJ is for me personally not as good as some other people here think (terrible vocals). I can recommend Bulgarian IMPULSE and AHAT (both 1st albums) instead if you prefer east-slavonic melodic heavy metallllll... (while AHAT maybe is more of a HM-VAN HALEN sometimes, nothing bad about that though)
Fun records
humus

Post by humus »

What are some good Russian thrash metal bands besides Korrozia metalla and Wolf spider?
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

humus wrote:What are some good Russian thrash metal bands besides Korrozia metalla and Wolf spider?
I always thought WOLF SPIDER was from Poland
humus

Post by humus »

Indeed! I must have confused two bands. Good Russian thrash besides Korrozia metalla than hehe.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Anyone heard 'Kruiz'? I've heard one song long time ago, I think it was called 'In Flames', and it sounded pretty good..worth looking for?
Without evil there could be no good so it must be good to be evil sometimes.