Info on Some Demo Bands?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
nightsblood

Info on Some Demo Bands?

Post by nightsblood »

Does anyone have any info on the bands below? Demos by both were recently posted on the Lockjaw site, but I haven't seen much info on either. Liked both the demos, so wondering if they recorded anything else, changed names, had members move on to other bands, etc.

Thanks for any info!

Smokescreen
US trad-power metal band, 4-song demo from '88

Tempter
US trad metal, 2 song demo from '84 ('Underworld King' and '3-D'). This was mistaken for the Tempter from Holland at first.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Avenger

Re: Info on Some Demo Bands?

Post by Avenger »

nightsblood wrote:Does anyone have any info on the bands below? Demos by both were recently posted on the Lockjaw site, but I haven't seen much info on either. Liked both the demos, so wondering if they recorded anything else, changed names, had members move on to other bands, etc.

Thanks for any info!

Smokescreen
US trad-power metal band, 4-song demo from '88

Tempter
US trad metal, 2 song demo from '84 ('Underworld King' and '3-D'). This was mistaken for the Tempter from Holland at first.
Sorry, I can't help you dude, but an upload of both would be great. :mrgreen:

Moved. /Mod
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Both should still be up on Lockjaw
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

I only know (very few though) on Smokescreen, but Tempter is new to me...

They were from New York. I only knew (and have) the 1992 demo which is killer Power Metal. I am downloading right now the 1st demo, thanks.

They also have a CD (not mentioned in Metal Archives) but it's in a completely different vein, more prog-rock if i remember well (Eat Metal had a copy once, heard it with the 1992 demo in mind and was disapointed so i never bought it)

Don't remember title/songs (for sure no song from the 1992 demo) and the cover was a weird black/white one (or could i not remember well??). Private press, that was certain and it was 1995 MAX.

Maybe one of the CD collectors here can help...

Hope that helps, it is out of memory, i will see/ask for more info, but it will not be tomorrow, haha (my time is very limited at the point)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Kostas_Kailiazis wrote:I only knew (and have) the 1992 demo which is killer Power Metal
I'm looking for this for quite a long time. Any chance of uploading it?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Thanks for the info Kostas! The '88 demo is also great power metal. If you could u/l the '92 demo I too would like to hear it. Thanks for the warning about the cd, a shame to hear it's in a different vein.

The Tempter demo is also very good. 'Underworld King' reminds me of the Metal Massacre 4 bands- very heavy trad metal, almost a doomy aura. '3-D' is a faster song but stil very good.
-Becky
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

nightsblood wrote:Both should still be up on Lockjaw
Yes, I used the search function and found them.

Thanks.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
hload

Post by hload »

i have both demos. first original, 2nd copied on tape. but i can't upload them. i prefer the first over the 2nd, but the 2nd has also my favorite track of them, the curse of imhotep, with the wild use of these haunted hungarian minor scales that chastain and stump used in some of their recent recordings. perhaps my all time favorite "black" metal track :lol:

eddie's on myspace i think.perhaps somebody could ask him to post these trax for others to listen to them.
StygianBlade

Post by StygianBlade »

Yes this 1992 would be could to be uploaded somewhere. Have we got any more info about the cD as well (for example title)?
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

If anyone is still looking for that Smokescreen demo from '92, it's just been loaded on the Strappado blog. Actually he's switched to uploading on a forum, though it's linked to the blog. Looks like you have to register in order to d/l now.
-Becky
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

nightsblood wrote:Looks like you have to register in order to d/l now.
*Sigh*. Soon you'll need to pay or upload 5 new things too...
Metalhunter

Post by Metalhunter »

Glad I can share my upload with you guys:

SMOKESCREEN - Demo 1992
Get here: http://www.mediafire.com/?z8xaraxbo9z5bhx

Enjoy!
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Thanks very much!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Black Axe: :lol:

Metal Hunter- cool, thanks!
-Becky
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Black Axe wrote:
nightsblood wrote:Looks like you have to register in order to d/l now.
*Sigh*. Soon you'll need to pay or upload 5 new things too...
Don't worry, man. The money will be used to buy rare albums to upload there.