Now Playing Thread (2010 edition)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
User avatar
Ernest Thesiger
Posts: 6355
Contact:

Post#466 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:56 am

Image
"I just yell at people"
- Tim Baker

User avatar
sagrotan
Posts: 877

Post#467 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:54 pm

SODOM - In the Sign of Evil
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper

User avatar
Black Axe
Posts: 3098
Contact:

Post#468 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:49 pm

Rock Goddess - Hell Hath No Fury

I like the more traditional heavy metal approach they take here instead of the rock 'n' roll on the debut. And the guitar sound is great.

User avatar
Ernest Thesiger
Posts: 6355
Contact:

Post#469 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:22 pm

"Possessed" on Jubileum Vol. II.
"I just yell at people"
- Tim Baker

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#470 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:37 pm

DaN wrote:DEFENDER - City Ad Mortis
Wow... Hadn't put on this one in a while... Even better than I remembered! That riff in "Counter Attack" - amazing.
YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Possibly the best band from the Netherlands.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
Ernest Thesiger
Posts: 6355
Contact:

Post#471 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:38 pm

Image
"I just yell at people"
- Tim Baker

User avatar
The Knell
Posts: 4308

Post#472 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:15 pm

Tyton - Castle Donnington

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6601
Contact:

Post#473 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:22 pm

Avenger wrote:
DaN wrote:DEFENDER - City Ad Mortis
Wow... Hadn't put on this one in a while... Even better than I remembered! That riff in "Counter Attack" - amazing.
YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Possibly the best band from the Netherlands.
In the top-5ish, sure. PROUD EXISTANCE, FUTURE TENSE and LADY/Frankie Woodhouse might top them.

NP: ULYSSES SIREN - Above The Ashes LP ...another great rediscovery. Always loved the band name too..
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

User avatar
Nathaniel
Posts: 275
Contact:

Post#474 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:40 pm

Argh yeah! ULYSSES SIREN is one of my fave thrash metal bands ever!!! The lp version issued by Shaxul recs is so much better than the lousy looking cd cover.

I just listened to SACRIFICE-the ones I condemn, and ONSLAUGHT-shadows of death compiled demos on cd.
"Alcohol is the cause and the solution to all our problems" Homer J. Simpson

BANG YOUR FUCKING SKULL!!!
http://www.myspace.com/resistance667

User avatar
omen of hate
Posts: 6116

Post#475 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:45 pm

I'm listening to "early black metal" right now :

SLAYER - Hell Awaits
RAVEN - Live at the Inferno

User avatar
The Knell
Posts: 4308

Post#476 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:30 am

Maxx Warrior - s/t

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#477 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:04 am

Tankard - The Morning After
Trouble - S/T or Psalm 9 (Whatever you want to call it)
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
Ernest Thesiger
Posts: 6355
Contact:

Post#478 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:42 am

The first Recalcitrance demo.
"I just yell at people"
- Tim Baker

User avatar
King Zombie
Posts: 557

Post#479 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:44 am

Trehepanation - Morpheus (US)
Keep politics OUT of this forum

User avatar
Black Axe
Posts: 3098
Contact:

Post#480 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:36 am

DaN wrote:
Avenger wrote:
DaN wrote:DEFENDER - City Ad Mortis
Wow... Hadn't put on this one in a while... Even better than I remembered! That riff in "Counter Attack" - amazing.
YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Possibly the best band from the Netherlands.
In the top-5ish, sure. PROUD EXISTANCE, FUTURE TENSE and LADY/Frankie Woodhouse might top them.
< Emerald

Blind Guardian - Battalions Of Fear

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests