Bad NWOBHM

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Later Demon is melo-hard rock not unlike bon jovi or something. Quite cheesy. I happen to like some of it though.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

All copies of the TWISTED NERVEZ and IDLE FLOWERS 7'' should have been burned long time ago too.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Waay too much of this thread has descended into petty squabbling and point scoring. It's all about opinions at the end of the day, one mans meat is another mans poison. Arguing will change nothing.
For the record, Hell does nothing for me either, apart from irritate me.
Vive Le Difference, i say!
What we could really do with is a thread about bands which aren't remotely NWOBHM but which are listed as such by unscrupulous record dealers.
Anyone heard any of the XDREAMYSTS stuff? Pitiful new-waveish power-pop, but somehow it demands a high price tag and is often listed as NWOBHM.
If memory serves, it's even on Vibrations Of Doom. :shock:
How many here have been suckered by dealers being "creative" with their genre classifications?
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

It's great to have a mediator here but when we have a topic about bad NWOBHM and people mention bands like Witchfinder General ,Hell and Witchfynde's first lp as bad then there's gonna be some issues.Fuck 'em
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

bigfootkit wrote:Waay too much of this thread has descended into petty squabbling and point scoring. It's all about opinions at the end of the day, one mans meat is another mans poison. Arguing will change nothing.
What we could really do with is a thread about bands which aren't remotely NWOBHM but which are listed as such by unscrupulous record dealers.
Anyone heard any of the XDREAMYSTS stuff? Pitiful new-waveish power-pop, but somehow it demands a high price tag and is often listed as NWOBHM.
How many here have been suckered by dealers being "creative" with their genre classifications?
http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/test2/Xdreamysts.html

:)
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

bigfootkit wrote:Anyone heard any of the XDREAMYSTS stuff? Pitiful new-waveish power-pop, but somehow it demands a high price tag and is often listed as NWOBHM.
I like their 7'' but I agree it does not have much to do with NWOBHM. Clearly nothing amazing but decent powerpop though. It seems there's quite a few NWOBHM fans and collectors here. Unless there is already one, a thread about records on the verge of Punk Rock & NWOBHM would be very interesting.
Satan is Our Pal

Post by Satan is Our Pal »

bigfootkit wrote:Waay too much of this thread has descended into petty squabbling and point scoring. It's all about opinions at the end of the day, one mans meat is another mans poison. Arguing will change nothing.
I hold my hands to been a bit of a cunt chops, but spandex can do this to an overweight Yorkshire man. As way of an apology I'll start another thread as I think it's a topic worth exploring.
Battlescarred The Story of Ebony Records
www.myspace.com/476306938
daniel wrote: Mr. ultimate metalmaster.
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

Hellanbach, for the most part, isn't very good, and rarely achieves anything above the level of mediocre.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Actually, I don't like Avenger.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Black Axe wrote:Actually, I don't like Avenger.
But you can live with him?

:lol:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

GJ wrote:
But you can live with him?

:lol:
Real funny guys. :roll: :lol:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
GJ

Post by GJ »

Avenger wrote:funny
"Silly" is the word you were looking for! :?
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Kit- that might make an interesting thread. I don't think I've gotten suckered like that myself. The thread might devolve like this one though; "how can you possibly claim BAWLYN CHAYNE aren't tr00 kv1t NWOBHM?! You obviously know nothing whatsoever about NWOBHM!!!" :roll:

Re: to those sniping at people for giving honest answers- Would you rather have people claim to love those seminal albums when they really don't? Last time I checked that's pretty much the definition of 'poser'. I could claim to love Hell to look more 'true' or whatever, but screw that; they just don't appeal to me and I'm not gonna lie about it. I like what I like, and I don't like what I don't like, which is all the topic asked. I don't think there will ever be an album that 100% of metal fans like or dislike, so there's no point in harshing on folks for disagreeing with your tastes. Get over it
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

Blood Sports is great!
Reverend Bizarre bless you with fire!
Buried By Time and Dust

Bad NWOBHM

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

The Topic wasn't what NWOBHM Nightsblood liked.The Topic was about Bad NWOBHM and some people visit this board for references so they should know that some of the acts you mentioned aren't bad NWOBHM but just bands you don't care for.They aren't bad.

nightsblood wrote:.
Re: to those sniping at people for giving honest answers- Would you rather have people claim to love those seminal albums when they really don't? Last time I checked that's pretty much the definition of 'poser'. I could claim to love Hell to look more 'true' or whatever, but screw that; they just don't appeal to me and I'm not gonna lie about it. I like what I like, and I don't like what I don't like, which is all the topic asked. I don't think there will ever be an album that 100% of metal fans like or dislike, so there's no point in harshing on folks for disagreeing with your tastes. Get over it