Bad NWOBHM

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Satan is Our Pal wrote:
Avenger wrote:I vouch Demon being bad as well.

Can you say boring?
You just did you whacky mofo. Demon are the most boring bunch of cunt chops I've ever encountered.
Yes, crappy Hard Rock with too many keyboards.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Never liked Demon either..
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Leave Demon alone! Side A of Night of the Demon & the entirety of The Plague are great.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

The first Demon single is alright, but it goes downhill after that.
GJ

Post by GJ »

So no-one but me likes the sinister Pop Hard Rock of The Unexpected Guest. Come out of yer closets, wimps!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

GJ wrote:Yeah, Fastway should have released We become one as a single then quickly disappear - leaving us a great mystery imagining what could have been...

Samurai is a great tune by GP though and that took them three albums...
Actually, I like some stuff by both bands. The Fastway reunion shows were pretty good too. They're just nowhere near heavy metal.
Satan is Our Pal wrote:Here's a list of stinkers, 70% of NWOBHM is utter shite, I'm only glad that people collect the bad stuff aswell.

Saracen

Blindfury

Dark Star

Demon
:evil: :evil: :evil: You shouldn't post in this topic.

Demon is awesome. I LOVE their first two records. Though it's not heavy metal, it's certainly not pop hard rock either.
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

GJ wrote:So no-one but me likes the sinister Pop Hard Rock of The Unexpected Guest. Come out of yer closets, wimps!
One of the best NWOBHM albums ever and I'm surprised so many people seem to think that it sucks. For me it's a top 10 NWOBHM album!
daniel

Post by daniel »

WTF. The A-side of the first Demon is amazing. And Saracen's 'Heroes, Saints and Fools' is in my top 10 of NWOBHM. But in general I also think way more than half of the bands suck or are boring.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Satan is Our Pal

Post by Satan is Our Pal »

Black Axe wrote:
GJ wrote:
Satan is Our Pal wrote:Here's a list of stinkers, 70% of NWOBHM is utter shite, I'm only glad that people collect the bad stuff aswell.

Saracen

Blindfury

Dark Star

Demon
:evil: :evil: :evil: You shouldn't post in this topic.

Demon is awesome. I LOVE their first two records. Though it's not heavy metal, it's certainly not pop hard rock either.
Rubbish!

Saracen were a decade to late.

Blindfury were nothing more than a cheap attempt by Satan to cash in on the shite that was pouring out from the States.

Dark Star had one track that was above average.

Demon are a bunch of old farts playing wimpy music, they had to many cockduster bristles aswell.
Battlescarred The Story of Ebony Records
www.myspace.com/476306938
daniel wrote: Mr. ultimate metalmaster.
Satan is Our Pal

daniel wrote:WTF. The A-side of the first Demon is amazing. And Saracen's 'Heroes, Saints and Fools' is in my top 10 of NWOBHM. But in general I also think way more than half of the bands suck or are boring.
But we don't all wear spandex Daniel. Maybe that's were we ae going wrong? spandex could open our ears to the delights of Demon.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Really. Maybe I should quit metal for 16 years or whatever to understand your hate of Demon, Saracen, Ritual etc.
daniel

Post by daniel »

And become a family man dressing all 'legit' and cut my hair and sit on ebay all day.
Satan is Our Pal

daniel wrote:Really. Maybe I should quit metal for 16 years or whatever to understand your hate of Demon, Saracen, Ritual etc.
16 years wasn't long enough for Demon.
daniel wrote:And become a family man dressing all 'legit' and cut my hair and sit on ebay all day.
I'm a family man and I've dressed the same way for years, my hair is longer these days as I used to shave it. I don't follow "the metal code" like a sheep wearing all the cliched garb, more into individual expression than conforming to set of rules.

I wish I could sit on ebay all day Daniel, but running my own buisness, finishing a degree and having a family takes up most of my time, but I could still make time for spandex, I sure could buddy.
daniel

Post by daniel »

You're the one that started going on. And you assume you know the way I dress? As if it actually matters. Plus, I think even with my very limited responses on a message board like this it should be clear I'm not following anyone's lead. If you really want to know, I wear whatever I feel like, I don't try to dress as metal as possible every day, that's bullshit. As for what you do otherwise, I couldn't care less, but if you're going to go and say how little time you have for music, maybe you could be a little less arrogant about how some bands supposedly suck so bad.
Satan is Our Pal

daniel wrote:You're the one that started going on. And you assume you know the way I dress? As if it actually matters. Plus, I think even with my very limited responses on a message board like this it should be clear I'm not following anyone's lead. If you really want to know, I wear whatever I feel like, I don't try to dress as metal as possible every day, that's bullshit. As for what you do otherwise, I couldn't care less, but if you're going to go and say how little time you have for music, maybe you could be a little less arrogant about how some bands supposedly suck so bad.
Dude, I'm pulling your leg, but I do think those bands are shit.